What will Lagoon's next big coaster be?
(03-30-2017, 03:16 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I never do
Did Cannibal Disappoint You? ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-30-2017, 03:40 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Did Cannibal Disappoint You? ?

Absolutely 100% not. Lagoon did an incredible job on this coaster. I honestly cannot think of a coaster I enjoy more. All that I'm saying is that as I get older I still enjoy going to Lagoon very much. Usually once or twice a week. I would just like them to put in a major attraction that isn't a coaster.
(03-30-2017, 02:15 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Absolutely 100% not. Lagoon did an incredible job on this coaster. I honestly cannot think of a coaster I enjoy more. All that I'm saying is that as I get older I still enjoy going to Lagoon very much. Usually once or twice a week. I would just like them to put in a major attraction that isn't a coaster.

More coasters! Lagoon has proven they can do an inhouse steel coaster and do it awesome. That is why I hope they do an inhouse wood coaster. Lagoon needs another one to compliment their 1921 classic.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I totally agree that Lagoon should build a wooden roller coaster to celebrate 100 years of RC, but I think they may have a different plan.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(03-30-2017, 04:01 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I totally agree that Lagoon should build a wooden roller coaster to celebrate 100 years of RC, but I think they may have a different plan.

Coaster

They definitely need to do something special for Roller Coaster's 100th birthday, but yeah... the 2020 project is not one you should invest in lumber companies over.  If it's a woodie, I'll be really, REALLY surprised.
(03-30-2017, 02:15 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I would just like them to put in a major attraction that isn't a coaster.

I think there's room for both more coasters and other kinds of rides as well. Of course, I realize that due to the cost and time involved, Lagoon isn't going to do more than one adult ride a year (plus, they have to have something that will bring back the casual fans out there, something that probably wouldn't happen if they opened a bunch of stuff in the same year).
I would rather see them use the money for an expansion of the park instead of a coaster. The place is small, and I don't see another coaster doing well with crowds throughout the park, especially with Cannibal right by the side of it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(03-30-2017, 05:51 PM)RCF Wrote: I would rather see them use the money for an expansion of the park instead of a coaster. The place is small, and I don't see another coaster doing well with crowds throughout the park, especially with Cannibal right by the side of it.

Having neighboring coasters hasn't seemed to hurt Fire Dragon, Wicked, Spider, or Wild Mouse...

The new coaster and Cannibal will be plenty far apart, at least as far as Cannibal is from Jet Star, and a big part of putting in the coaster will be a huge northern midway expansion anyway.  Employee parking up there is short for this world.  Heck, a chunk of it will be gone in two months when the midway expands up to the new bathrooms.
(03-30-2017, 02:15 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Absolutely 100% not. Lagoon did an incredible job on this coaster. I honestly cannot think of a coaster I enjoy more. All that I'm saying is that as I get older I still enjoy going to Lagoon very much. Usually once or twice a week. I would just like them to put in a major attraction that isn't a coaster.
I guess my "thinking" and "sarcastic" emoji from my phone doesn't work here, as it only added a "?" *sigh*

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-30-2017, 05:51 PM)RCF Wrote: I would rather see them use the money for an expansion of the park instead of a coaster. The place is small, and I don't see another coaster doing well with crowds throughout the park, especially with Cannibal right by the side of it.

Easy solution is include a queue that handle a line. Thats my only complaint against cannibal is no queue to handle its line.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West