What will Lagoon's next big coaster be?
(03-22-2017, 04:08 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Sorry, for a second I thought you were talking about woodies!

Tongue

Let me clarify. a Track Topper and not an IBOX track system. Track Topper is a wood coaster.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-22-2017, 10:18 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Let me clarify. a Track Topper and not an IBOX track system. Track Topper is a wood coaster.

I could argue, but... meh.  For my money, Track Topper's still not a woodie.  Closer on the spectrum than IBox, but definitely divergent coaster evolution.  Not that it's a bad thing to have them, just hate seeing good woodies get recycled into them.
(03-22-2017, 03:35 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yeah but we have S&S in Logan and they have only one ride of theirs, I mean a Screamin' Swing would be a perfect ride at Lagoon. I think a RMC Trex or Raptor track coaster would be awesome at Lagoon.
As that's true, they outsource most of their coasters. RMC does most if not all work in-house. Maybe an S&S Free Spin can happen since it uses RMC track, but I would rather have a full RMC creation.
(03-23-2017, 12:28 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I could argue, but... meh.  For my money, Track Topper's still not a woodie.  Closer on the spectrum than IBox, but definitely divergent coaster evolution.  Not that it's a bad thing to have them, just hate seeing good woodies get recycled into them.

Some woodies shouldn't be converted but most that have been have been very good candidates to take a so so ride and make an amazing ride out of it.

Quote:RCF

As that's true, they outsource most of their coasters. RMC does most if not all work in-house. Maybe an S&S Free Spin can happen since it uses RMC track, but I would rather have a full RMC creation.

RMC does all the work inhouse, right down to the locking mechanisms of their trains. I'd rather have a RMC creation than a S&S 4D Free Spin.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-22-2017, 01:03 AM)RCF Wrote: It will be something, I know that. I however believe the next big investment is going to be something other than a coaster, which to me makes me believe their won't be one within the next decade.

However. IF I had to guess, it would have to be a woodie or invert as well. Perhaps in-house, but with Dal Freeman enjoying his retirement, there's nothing set in stone.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Dustin Allen, who worked on Cannibal, has taken over for Dal.
(03-23-2017, 08:01 AM)RCF Wrote: As that's true, they outsource most of their coasters. RMC does most if not all work in-house. Maybe an S&S Free Spin can happen since it uses RMC track, but I would rather have a full RMC creation.
When 75%+ of S&S Coasters are Fabricated in China and/or Italy, I really don't see it on Lagoon's Radar. I mean, look at the structural problems with Wicked....And that came from the same factory that fabricates all of Intamin's Track and Trains and owns HUSS Park Attractions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Maybe...just maybe... it won't be a coaster. At least in the traditional sense.
(03-29-2017, 02:56 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Maybe...just maybe... it won't be a coaster. At least in the traditional sense.

There are, for those following the various threads here, reports that Lagoon is building something big in the northern part of the park, scheduled for opening in or around 2020.  Now, while a part of me is hoping that it will be a roller coaster, another part of me hopes that Lagoon will (if not with this particular ride) look at other things besides roller coasters for future rides (although a non-traditional roller coaster is certainly cool, too! Happy )
(03-29-2017, 08:05 PM)Gregory Wrote: There are, for those following the various threads here, reports that Lagoon is building something big in the northern part of the park, scheduled for opening in or around 2020.  Now, while a part of me is hoping that it will be a roller coaster, another part of me hopes that Lagoon will (if not with this particular ride) look at other things besides roller coasters for future rides (although a non-traditional roller coaster is certainly cool, too! Happy )
I  completely agree with you. I really hope their next 'something big' is something other than a roller coaster.
(03-30-2017, 12:41 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I  completely agree with you. I really hope their next 'something big' is something other than a roller coaster.

Don't get your hopes too high... at least not 'til after 2020.
(03-30-2017, 01:25 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Don't get your hopes too high... at least not 'til after 2020.

I never do