Lagoon discussion on Reddit
(09-18-2016, 11:56 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I've heard from a reputable source that it's going to be a building, so that jives... but the location doesn't for a restroom.  The only way that makes sense as a restroom is if the midway is growing northward.  The only reason that would make sense is one of two things:  either there's a new ride coming north or the current midway (there's no reason to extend the midway behind Samurai or past the Cannibal planter otherwise), or the park entrance is being moved finally.

Only other thought is maybe it's a new employee office.  With most of the seasonal employee parking right up there now, might make more sense to have employees check in there rather than walking all the way down to the Rides/Merchandise  (or is that the Games office out there?  I can never remember which other division is all the way out that way) offices and then across the parking lot back into the front entrance.
A ride would make sense. The other rumor I've heard is that Hydro is being moved and they're going to put some other ride in that area
My first thought was new bathrooms and based on the size I think that is the most likely scenario.

Also if Hydro is being moved, its only by bulldozer, not to another area of the park.

I like your guess though Jet Star of the new park entrance there but seems a bit too close to major rides and rocket for a main entrance as I don't think the midway there is wide enough for foot traffic flow.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
They could move Hydro over to Lagoon-A-Beach and finally offer a new slide!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
(09-19-2016, 10:04 PM)Willenator Wrote: They could move Hydro over to Lagoon-A-Beach and finally offer a new slide!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh man! I'm sure Lagoon saw this post and is now seriously considering it. So scary.  Shocked
Maybe they could just use the conveyor belt. But then they'd need another one. And no charge for tubes. But that wouldn't be so bad...
I would think it would be new bathrooms, and possibly a new ride taking over the Hydro Luge area. Giant Frisbee, anyone? Only big enough ride that would require core sample drilling to see if it can hold the weight of the ride or need pilings drilled into the area. Might even see a midway expansion with another, smaller ride, or a new game. The area in question doesn't quite hold enough merit for just a Giant Frisbee and bathrooms.
I think a northern midway expansion is all but confirmed at this point. No way they're building bathrooms in that awkward of a location unless the midway is following it.

I'm guessing that the reason they're building new ones in a new location instead of just replacing the old north bathrooms is that they need the space the current bathrooms are occupying for something else. Maybe it is time to start saying goodbye to Hydro... I smell something coming.
It seems we are all in agreement that the North midway is probably expanding with a new ride / new bathrooms. I'm betting they will be moving the north trash compactor as well.

When I first saw the awesome Cannibal waterfall facing the over flow parking lot, I was like "WTF!? No one will see it much!?" If the midway is expanded to encompass Cannibal's north side, it will all make sense (in my version of the world, that is. LOL).
(09-21-2016, 08:33 AM)gregwibert Wrote: It seems we are all in agreement that the North midway is probably expanding with a new ride / new bathrooms. I'm betting they will be moving the north trash compactor as well.

When I first saw the awesome Cannibal waterfall facing the over flow parking lot, I was like "WTF!? No one will see it much!?" If the midway is expanded to encompass Cannibal's north side, it will all make sense (in my version of the world, that is. LOL).
I thought the exact same thing about the waterfall
I figure it would be for when the parking lot actually happens. Might not be for another 6-7 years, but it would serve for decades after for an amazing first impression of the park.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk