Terroride "A Classic Reimagined"
I used to work with a girl that used to work in Marketing at Lagoon. She eventually quit because of differences in opinion. She ran the marketing department at my employer. Did a great job for them (she eventually quit to start a family). I got the feeling Lagoon would never adopt her suggestions / listen to her.
(08-23-2017, 07:05 AM)gregwibert Wrote: I used to work with a girl that used to work in Marketing at Lagoon. She eventually quit because of differences in opinion. She ran the marketing department at my employer. Did a great job for them (she eventually quit to start a family). I got the feeling Lagoon would never adopt her suggestions / listen to her.

I have a friend who worked in the marketing department and left for a similar reason. Lagoon's marketing department operates fine but does need so fresh blood in there.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I think there are a lot more examples of Lagoon copying LIF. I think whoever was hired to do the website just rehashed stuff for quick filler.

Stopped by Lagoon for a bit today and was pleasantly surprised to see the line this short. Only took fifteen minutes to get on the ride, which was a nice change. Almost everything was working and some of the gag timing has been tweaked to play out even better. The only two things that weren't working when I rode was the skull curtain and the lady on the spinning rack. Today was the first time I had ever seen the rat pop up from the guy on the table in the torture room and the spike doors fully working with timed lights and sound effects. I really enjoyed the ride today and was happy to have found a good time to hop on.
(08-27-2017, 07:42 PM)Willenator Wrote:

Stopped by Lagoon for a bit today and was pleasantly surprised to see the line this short. Only took fifteen minutes to get on the ride, which was a nice change. Almost everything was working and some of the gag timing has been tweaked to play out even better. The only two things that weren't working when I rode was the skull curtain and the lady on the spinning rack. Today was the first time I had ever seen the rat pop up from the guy on the table in the torture room and the spike doors fully working with timed lights and sound effects. I really enjoyed the ride today and was happy to have found a good time to hop on.
Glad your wait was so short. I really wish they would get the skull curtain working. That's one of my favorite things that they added.
Shane and I rode on Saturday. The skull curtain was working. The lady wasn't spinning on the wooden wheel. I think that was the only gag that didn't work.

Our wait time from Central Park was 45 minutes to an hour. Should get better once they fix the electrical issues on the track...they will be able to send more cars at a time.
(08-28-2017, 07:29 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Shane and I rode on Saturday. The skull curtain was working. The lady wasn't spinning on the wooden wheel. I think that was the only gag that didn't work.

Our wait time from Central Park was 45 minutes to an hour. Should get better once they fix the electrical issues on the track...they will be able to send more cars at a time.
First time that I've heard about electrical issues with the track. Makes sense now. I was thinking they've been spacing the cars further apart than they needed to. Thanks!
(08-28-2017, 01:07 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: First time that I've heard about electrical issues with the track. Makes sense now. I was thinking they've been spacing the cars further apart than they needed to. Thanks!

Yea we were informed all the new items added are sharing same power as the track and it's struggling, they will probably need to upgrade the power.
Spencer has a new video of Terroride, from his visit last weekend:

Somebody pointed out that the bottom back left corner of every Terroride car is damaged. I heard it was because the re-imagining wasn't measured quite right and the cars were hitting props. That can't be right because the damage is on the back. I noticed there's a little handle at the bottom front right of every car for lifting the front end off the track. If you lifted the car too far, the damaged area would be the first to hit the ground, so I think that's probably the cause. I think they lift the cars up each night to put them away.

Has anybody out there had to lift the cars?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name