If Lagoon could add anythin, what would you want them to add?
Oh my heck sid is alive! Thought he died.
Hahaha ^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(02-16-2017, 05:30 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Oh my heck sid is alive!  Thought he died.

He's back!!! (yay! Happy Happy )
If Lagoon could add anything I'd want them to add a new themed section consisting mostly of dark rides based on original stories (similar to Disneyland).
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
That would be great too. Disney doesn't even base them on original stories anymore.
I'd love to see Lagoons design team to design and build and inhouse wood coaster.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Giant Frisbee or Screaming Swing would be my vote. Both pack quite the punch.

As for big sky, I would love to see an inverted or compact twister (wood or steel). Also added to the list would be a ropes course similar to Dollywood's former one. That would be such a huge add for the Utah families!
(02-19-2017, 04:56 PM)mwoods244 Wrote: Giant Frisbee or Screaming Swing would be my vote. Both pack quite the punch.

As for big sky, I would love to see an inverted or compact twister (wood or steel). Also added to the list would be a ropes course similar to Dollywood's former one. That would be such a huge add for the Utah families!
A screamin' Swing would be awesome.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Hey, new member of the site here.

I'm from California originally (now residing in norther Utah County), and one ride I'd be interested in seeing is based on a ride at California's Great America (originally called Marriott's Great America - yes, owned by the hotel chain) amusement part in Santa Clara California, called the "Barney Oldfield Speedway." It's kind of a combination of Red Rock Rally and double Thunder Raceway; it goes around the Grizzly (wooden) roller coaster; originally, it had two 'tracks' (so that, if you wanted to, you could 'race' other members of your group, though it's apparently down to just one track now (it's been many years since I've been there, so I have to rely on reports from others). Videos of it can be found on Youtube. (I tried posting a link directly into this post, but got an automated message saying I can't put clickable links in posts. You can pull up the videos by pluging "Barney Oldfield Speedway" into the Youtube search box.)

I'd like to see the return of the miniature golf course, though I'm not holding my breath on that one.

That's probably the most specific thing I can think of at the moment as far as rides I'd like to see (outside of general stuff like "I'll like to see more roller coasters!").

In a general sense there do seem to be a few open areas for rides of some sort to be put in (they seem to have taken the map off of the website, so I'm having to go a bit of of memory here). There is space to the north and east of where the current developed area is (though I do realize that even if they own a notable amount of the land in those directions, there is only, in the end, going to be a finite amount of space they can go in those directions, as I'm sure local & state noise and light ordinances would limit how close they can get to residential areas). Even within the current park boundaries, there's some space in the northeastern part of the park (east of the Flying Aces & Hydro Luge rides) that doesn't have a lot there (among other things, there's just a big area of cement pavement between those rides and the northernmost pavilions).

Also, that theater that they used to do live shows at (the name escapes me at the moment - it's by the wood Roller Coaster) hasn't been used in years, and there seems to be a good amount of space behind it and between the roller coasters there.

There's also the possibility of removing the least popular rides (a couple of years ago I noticed that the Flying Aces ride was virtually empty, and there's only really noticeable difference between the newer Jumping Dragon ride and the older Musick Express ride is that the former goes forward and backward, while the latter only goes forward). A lot of the areas mentioned above might work for rides that are more vertical than horizontal (think Rocket-style rides).

I also sometimes wonder about putting rides in/over the lagoon itself (after all, Lagoon's very first thrill ride was Shoot-the-Chutes).
Welcome to the site, btw! Brief reply from the phone here, but wanted to mention a couple things.

I'd have to look it up, but that almost sounds like a ride Lagoon used to have called Speedway... always liked it, but it was a maintenance nightmare. I'll check when I'm back home later!

Good sign if the map has been pulled down! Hasn't been updated since 2015, would be nice to finally have a new one coming.

Totally agree that Music U.S.A. (space south of Roller Coaster) is a sad waste of space right now. Long been a proponent of moving Carousel Theater shows there & using Carousel Theater space for midway/rides.

There's also been some speculation that when it comes time to retire rides next, Musik Express is probably high up on the chopping block for all of those reasons.

Minigolf would definitely be fun to have back!