Dark rides being fixed for 2017?
(01-31-2017, 12:56 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Maybe Lagoon's social media team is just inept then, because they totally replied to someone on Facebook who was asking about features in Dracula's Castle with "wait until you see what we're doing in 2017".

I wouldn't call them inept, but they could be better. They are much better than they used to be. So they are improving.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-31-2017, 12:56 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Maybe Lagoon's social media team is just inept then, because they totally replied to someone on Facebook who was asking about features in Dracula's Castle with "wait until you see what we're doing in 2017".

Wow, no one is going to question where CPrider got his information? Just going to believe it at face value? Hmmm...  Shocked
Gregwibert you don't know me...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(01-31-2017, 07:28 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Wow, no one is going to question where CPrider got his information? Just going to believe it at face value? Hmmm...  Shocked

We deal in the currency of speculation.  Frankly, I don't even believe half of what I'm saying.   Laugh

I don't know, honestly... I still think it's weird that Lagoon specifically replied to a thread about Castle when saying they had plans for this year... but frankly, eh.  Unless they completely gut & replace Castle (which again I think is doubtful but fun to speculate about), nothing they're going to do to the existing ride is going to really be that noteworthy.
(01-31-2017, 07:33 PM)CPrider Wrote: Gregwibert you don't know me...

I don't know you either, but I do know Greg.  Let's see, by the transitive property then... wait a second...
(01-31-2017, 07:33 PM)CPrider Wrote: Gregwibert you don't know me...

How do you know you know Gregwibert doesn't know you unless you know him? Not like he uses his real name as his username. Haha
The real question is, do any of us really even want to know CPrider? Probably not  Tongue
Yeah who is this CPrider and who does he think he is?
(01-31-2017, 01:05 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I'm assuming you mean Carousel Theater?  That's actually not a bad idea... it's pretty sad that Music USA's stage just sits in disrepair.  It's not like the shows in Carousel Theater make any additional money and need the extra exposure from being in the middle of the midway.  And maybe over in the Music USA stage, WK Train would quit having to stop using its whistle during the shows.  Still though, it might only buy you enough space for one, maybe two small rides.

I still say that there's nowhere to put the two new rides--especially anywhere near Kiddie Land--without taking something else out.  Unless they plan on stripping Kiddie Land of any trace of green space, which would be stupid.  Oh well... guess we'll find out in two months.

I like the idea of getting rid of the Carousel Theater building and fixing up the Lagoon Music Theatre. It's a much better spot for that kind of thing (except for noise from rides) and Carousel Theater is in an awkward spot. If they did this, I would think it would be fine just to use the extra area for spacing out the existing rides more. They really just need more walking space between the rides, I think.

It's really no secret from what I understand. I don't know why some people make it that way. It's just two kiddie rides in a family park in Utah not Star Wars Land. The plan I heard was to move Bulgy further north and put one of the new rides in its spot. The other would go east of Jumping Dragon, which I don't like because it's crowded enough in that area (especially when Nightwalk is open) and it's too close to the old oak trees there, which need to be protected as they are the oldest in the park and have been appraised at a value in the tens of thousands of dollars!
(01-31-2017, 04:52 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I wouldn't call them inept, but they could be better. They are much better than they used to be. So they are improving.

Pinfuly slow, but improvimprovement is better than no improvement.