Dark rides being fixed for 2017?
I would love to see Lagoon troll people on social media a bit. Someone complains that Lagoon never improves the old stuff, and Lagoon posts a picture of them painting a fire hydrant or something. I would laugh.

I'm also intrigued by the comment, and I agree with Braden. I read it as they are working on improving something. We know Lagoon does upkeep on older rides, so I want to know which rides they may be working on.
(01-27-2017, 01:54 PM)CPrider Wrote: Tony is not a nice person just to let you know.

That's unfortunate the videos are funny though.

I think the broadway theater location would be great for a dark ride or an expansion of kiddyland.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-27-2017, 10:57 PM)Willenator Wrote: I would love to see Lagoon troll people on social media a bit. Someone complains that Lagoon never improves the old stuff, and Lagoon posts a picture of them painting a fire hydrant or something. I would laugh.

I'm also intrigued by the comment, and I agree with Braden. I read it as they are working on improving something. We know Lagoon does upkeep on older rides, so I want to know which rides they may be working on.

LOL!! That would be awesome!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-27-2017, 07:04 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: The only things I can come up with are:

A: They don't want to sell season passes as they make more money from individual tickets
B: They want to sell season passes and think people won't buy them based on the new attraction
C: The think that if they announce it before hand it won't be 'fresh' when the park is open

All of these are silly. People in the winter are bored, it's the ideal time to announce a new attraction. More people will take notice in the winter because there isn't much else going on.

Somebody needs to fly a drone over the park, if something is going on it should be evident.

Also, if somebody/everybody here actually knows what it is and aren't saying publicly, feel free to PM me and tell me what it is.

One thing I can tell you for sure:  season passport sales are NOT hurting.  They sold so many of the darned things during Black Friday it broke their website & they extended the sale an extra couple of days.  Considering how cheap they are vs. a single day passport, I can't say I'm surprised.  

I really don't know why Lagoon doesn't try a little bit harder with the marketing.  Same thing I was talking about over in the other board about their "official" YouTube channel:  it doesn't have so much as a profile picture, let alone a cover photo or description.  It nearly comes off as a fan-run page, not an official channel.  They could definitely do a lot more for not too much money.

I really want to take a spin around Lagoon Drive one of these clear weekends & see if there's anything to see up in the north field in the vicinity of the new bathrooms; or, for that matter, if there are new bathrooms yet.  Unfortunately, every time I get past there these days it's either dark or foggy.
(01-27-2017, 11:53 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I really want to take a spin around Lagoon Drive one of these clear weekends & see if there's anything to see up in the north field in the vicinity of the new bathrooms; or, for that matter, if there are new bathrooms yet.  Unfortunately, every time I get past there these days it's either dark or foggy.

I've been meaning to do that too. Maybe we could do a small off-season meetup over at Farmington Station and the head over to see if we can spot anything.
(01-27-2017, 11:58 PM)Willenator Wrote: I've been meaning to do that too. Maybe we could do a small off-season meetup over at Farmington Station and the head over to see if we can spot anything.

Was just thinking yesterday "we need an off-season LIF meet-up"!  Habit Burger then a li'l snooping?  Shades
(01-28-2017, 12:07 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Was just thinking yesterday "we need an off-season LIF meet-up"!  Habit Burger then a li'l snooping?  Shades

I think that is a great idea. Now we just need to pick a day.
(01-28-2017, 12:09 AM)Willenator Wrote: I think that is a great idea. Now we just need to pick a day.

Matter of fact, I think I need to stop by Buckle down there anyway... pretty much any weekend day works for me, most of the time.
Ok. Sunday is usually a good day for me too. I only work 1 Sunday every three weeks.
I can meet up 33 of never

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk