Lagoon 2017 Photos
(04-04-2017, 02:03 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: It's like it is happening on purpose to ruin our fun
Better than opening month in 2011 when it was mostly closed due to snow.
Well, this weekend isn't looking too good weather-wise, either (writing this on the morning of Saturday, April 8th, and it's really cloudy in Utah County right now, and the weather forecast is calling for rain, possibly mixed with snow/sleet tonight).

I remember seeing pictures a while back of humorous church marquis signs, and one (which was surrounded by huge piles of snow) was commenting that whoever was praying for snow could stop, and that's how I'm kind of feeling now. I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago, and the DJ make a comment about how we're now officially out of the drought (for the first time since 2011), so it's like, "All right, whoever's praying for rain can stop now!"
(04-08-2017, 09:24 AM)Gregory Wrote: Well, this weekend isn't looking too good weather-wise, either (writing this on the morning of Saturday, April 8th, and it's really cloudy in Utah County right now, and the weather forecast is calling for rain, possibly mixed with snow/sleet tonight).

I remember seeing pictures a while back of  humorous church marquis signs, and one (which was surrounded by huge piles of snow) was commenting that whoever was praying for snow could stop, and that's how I'm kind of feeling now.  I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago, and the DJ make a comment about how we're now officially out of the drought (for the first time since 2011), so it's like, "All right, whoever's praying for rain can stop now!"

Win

LOL!!  Laugh Laugh Laugh
Now that I work in Bountiful, I thought it would be fun to stop by Lagoon on my way home from work. I snagged a few pics to share.

First up, Ruka Safari:

I was looking at the lamps and realized that they have the same artistic design as the hidden painting on top of the building (see this post for reference). I thought that was interesting.

Next up is Flying Tigers. After seeing this ride in action, I have decided I want an adult version.

The roof's painting is awesome!

Found a random goose!!

Spring is here!! Woohoo! Look at all the pretty flowers:

Samurai has made a triumphant return ... except that it isn't actually running yet.

I'm guessing Lagoon has been having problems with people around Terroride. Spotted this sign today:
Here is part 2 of my photo update!

I was told a few weeks ago that the Wild Kingdom Train station had received a fresh coat of paint. Today, I actually noticed it. Happy

Looks like the roof was installed on the new covering for Turn of the Century's line:

Not seeing a change here yet from the last time I was at Lagoon:

The Coin and Token sign is missing:

The top of the bell tower is starting to lean:

Found a random peacock!

Noticed the Log Flume sign still had some of the Frightmares black cloth still on it:

Speaking of the Log Flume sign, what happened to the large saws that used to be on both sides of the sign?

I've been wondering what this tent is for. Turns out Lagoon is using it as a temporary season passport area. Probably to process a lot more passes than the small room can handle, which makes me wonder why it was in use a few weeks ago. Hmmmm.

Random train photo:

Hope you enjoyed these!
I forgot I have a few more to share!! Here is part 3:

I wish Lagoon would add benches here facing Cannibal, so I can sit and watch the coaster for hours on end. Happy

Noticed a jet was in the middle of the dive loop, so I snagged a picture:

Of course, I waited for a train to come by too:

I don't know how long Lagoon has this sign. I just noticed it today:

Random mini waterfall:

Random BomBora pic:

Finally, can we talk about the elephant in the room? See how much space is wasted by this water?! It's time Lagoon fill this dirty water in and give us more space for some new rides! I mean, it's not like this body of water has any significance for the park.  Rolleyes
Those are great, thanks! I would have tried to look behind the plastic at Terroride too.

I added the Flying tigers pic to the wiki.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Hey, you noticed the recently fixed waterfall! It had been off for quite a while and was finally fixed over the off season.
Thanks for the pics Will. I never thought about filling in the lake. It really serves no useful purpose. It's an intriguing idea...
The 1 million gallon pool was there at one point, right? Followed by the paddle boats. I say a Giant Discovery that swings over the water would utilize more of the space and allow for an added thrill for guests.  Happy