Lagoon 2017 Photos
Well, not TOO early. But it seems like it was closer to opening last year. Maybe they were just behind last year? Or I'm remembering things wrong. Oh well.
I remember being trained on that ride the first week of March years ago, so the timing does seem normal to me. I don't know what their training schedules are like these days, so who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Scrapers gondolas are up as well. It does seem early but like will said. Opening is less than a month away.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I think all of the extra snow this year is making it feel earlier than it really is. Like Will pointed out, Ride Operator training should be getting started in the next couple of weeks at the latest (considering opening day is now just over three weeks away), so it's definitely on the right timetable to have Maintenance standing the rides back up & making sure they're ready to go. Hopefully it doesn't warm up too fast... would hate to see any flooding on opening day! I bet the lake stays nice & clean for awhile this year with all of the cold runoff. Wink
Dropped by the park for some quick photos. I had plans to stay longer, but the rain drove me away.

First up, progress on Flying Tigers and Ruka Safari:

I liked that Lagoon opened the midway up some between the new ride areas and the building with the new paint job. Made it nice to walk and see some of the new stuff much closer up. It also let me see the new paint job on the building much closer up.

I don't know if this was over one of the Coke Plaza windows last week, but I noticed it this week:

I spotted that Lagoon had stuff painted on top of the building that I hadn't noticed before. These are taken from next to Flying Tigers looking towards Sky Ride.

Finally, I went and hung out with the birds again in PV while trying to get out of the rain.

I didn't see any other changes from last weekend, so those were all the pics I snagged from today.
Thanks for the great photos, Will! I'm still amazed to see that they've put the roof on Flying Tigers already... from the photos I've seen of it, it's a pretty tall ride. Seems like it would have been a lot easier to drop in from above than forklift in from the side, but maybe it's not as heavy & easier to slide in sideways.

Love the theming on Ruka, looks like it'll be a cute enclosure... can't wait to see the place all decked out in landscaping after the rides go in.
Yes, thanks for all the photos/updates.  It's definitely getting me excited to go to Lagoon (as if any of us needs to have a reason to get excited to go to Lagoon in the first place, right? Happy ).
(04-03-2017, 06:07 PM)Gregory Wrote: Yes, thanks for all the photos/updates.  It's definitely getting me excited to go to Lagoon (as if any of us needs to have a reason to get excited to go to Lagoon in the first place, right? Happy ).

Exactly! Too bad it's supposed to be cold & rainy again all next weekend... boo!
(04-03-2017, 06:31 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Exactly! Too bad it's supposed to be cold & rainy again all next weekend... boo!

boo!  Confused
It's like it is happening on purpose to ruin our fun