September Site Updates
Sorry, Will -- didn't see the updated update.

Unfortunately for me, no such luck: no matter which way I set it up, I'm always getting the same theme on the desktop and the mobile site (i.e. if I set it to "Spectrum", I get Spectrum on the iPhone and the desktop; if I pick "Responsive", I get Responsive on both; tried setting from either desktop or mobile, didn't change the outcome).

Did I miss a trick somewhere?
Glad to hear you like it.
Unfortunately, think I'm going back to Spectrum full time. Not enough difference in color between the "new posts" icon and the regular "caught up" icon on the Responsive theme to quickly scan for new posts, especially with the "New posts since last visit" thing gone off the sidebar.

Wish the mobile-specific version thing would have worked because Responsive is somewhat more usable that way, but just not enough to give up Spectrum on the desktop. Oh well, good try anyway.
(10-01-2016, 03:09 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Wish the mobile-specific version thing would have worked because Responsive is somewhat more usable that way, but just not enough to give up Spectrum on the desktop. Oh well, good try anyway.

You should see it split the theme now when you select Spectrum as the default. Responsive will show up on mobile even with Spectrum selected. Is it not working for you?
It's working for me.
(10-01-2016, 10:32 PM)Willenator Wrote: You should see it split the theme now when you select Spectrum as the default. Responsive will show up on mobile even with Spectrum selected. Is it not working for you?

It wasn't, but...

Fun Fact:  There's an option on your User CP/Edit Options page labeled "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?"  If you don't have that checked, it doesn't switch to a mobile version if you visit from a mobile device.

Not sure why it seems to have magically been checked for everyone else and not me (I didn't turn it off), but... flipped the switch, and suddenly I was getting Spectrum from the Jupiter monolith and Responsive from the Moon monolith.

Why yes, that right there is an Arthur C. Clarke reference injected into a discussion about themes for MyBB.  My work here is done.
(10-02-2016, 03:09 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: It wasn't, but...

Fun Fact:  There's an option on your User CP/Edit Options page labeled "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?"  If you don't have that checked, it doesn't switch to a mobile version if you visit from a mobile device.

Not sure why it seems to have magically been checked for everyone else and not me (I didn't turn it off), but... flipped the switch, and suddenly I was getting Spectrum from the Jupiter monolith and Responsive from the Moon monolith.

Why yes, that right there is an Arthur C. Clarke reference injected into a discussion about themes for MyBB.  My work here is done.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :D