No Limits Project 2021: The 45th Anniversary of Pioneer Village
(10-27-2016, 11:06 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote:

Speaking of Swig................

Holy Cow that's AWESOME!! LOL!!!

I'll have a Raspberry Lemonaid with puree / double shot....Please! HA HA!!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
To be released on December 21, 2016! Stay tuned.

This is one video all Lagoon fans will want to see.

A Utah Coaster Enthusiast’s Production

Project 2021: The Revitalization of Pioneer Village

Watch the video here:

I believe Pioneer Village to be one of Lagoon’s greatest assets. A living museum of how life was back in the late 1800’s in the state of Utah, United States. However, in 2017 it will have been 20 years since a ride was added in the area, back when Rattlesnake Rapids was added in 1997. This is mostly because of how close Pioneer Village is to the City of Farmington, Utah and the noise levels rides make. Lagoon has added small things to Pioneer Village since but no major rides. I have set this video to be for the 2021 season. For three main reasons:

1. It will be Pioneer Villages 45th anniversary at the park
2. It will be 100 years since Lagoon built their last wooden roller coaster, being Roller Coaster built in 1921.
3. It would be 6 years since the major 26 million dollar investment that is Cannibal and Lagoon typically waits 4-5 years between large additions.

I think a good western themed roller coaster is just what Pioneer Village needs. Will it ever happen? Probably not, as it is too close to the City of Farmington, Utah and the homeowners complain about the noise and wood coasters are very loud rides. I would love for it to happen but I am not holding my breath.

The S&S Screamin’ Swing I do think one ride Lagoon is missing from their collection of rides. These are great and very fun rides and as with most rides from S&S very easy on maintenance and operating costs and they are manufactured just one hour drive away from Lagoon in Logan, Utah. It is pretty much a no brainer, you would think.

The coaster design is influenced by GCI (Great Coasters International) wood coaster design but is not intended to be a GCI design. The lift is influenced from RMC (Rocky Mountain Construction) as a way to fit a wood coaster lift in an area where a traditional wood roller coaster lift could not fit or work. The lift of this ride goes over Farmington Creek and with the close proximity of the buildings of Pioneer Village; a traditional wide wood coaster lift structure would not work. Therefore, the lift structure would be constructed out of steel and able to span the creek.

The design is intended to perfectly fit in Pioneer Village and to not affect any of the buildings except one. The blacksmith shop would be moved slightly to the north of its current position for the Tunnel entrance. The Main Street clock will also receive a new flowerbed around it and new seating around it. This is mainly because for the tunnel to be constructed it would be moved temporarily. Also with the recently added Swig drink stand (2016) on the south end of the Village it would make sense to have some more seating in that area as to make it a kind of gathering place on the south end of Pioneer Village.

As you probably already guessed, a large part of the project sits on ground currently occupied by the Zoo. I have nothing against the zoo and know personally that the animals receive only the best treatment possible. However, I feel that it needs to go or be reduced in size. The land it is sitting on is very valuable space in the heart of the park and can be better utilized as my video shows but the better utilization is not limited to just my idea for the space.
I hope you enjoyed my video Project 2021 it is an idea I have had in mind for a long time and finally had the skills and ability to make it come true in the digital world, at least.

Disclaimer:
This video and concept are my own ideas; I have no knowledge of anything Lagoon is planning in the future.

For more info or to plan visit to Lagoon please visit their official Website at: http://www.lagoonpark.com

Great recreation of the Village! It must've taken ages. Interesting ride ideas too.
I love the village recreation too. I wouldn't mind seeing a coaster in PV, but it would mean the village wouldn't be as quiet. Smile
(12-22-2016, 10:34 AM)Brăden Wrote: Great recreation of the Village! It must've taken ages. Interesting ride ideas too.

Thanks. The whole project took about 10 months to do. I am moving on to other parts of the park I have the north side of the village roughed out but its not as photographed as main street is so progress is slow on finishing that. The plan is to have every area recreated. Each building has 6-8 hours of work into it from researching pictures down to the actual 3D modeling of the building. 

(12-22-2016, 12:01 PM)Willenator Wrote: I love the village recreation too. I wouldn't mind seeing a coaster in PV, but it would mean the village wouldn't be as quiet. Smile

You make a very good point, it definitely would not be quiet anymore.

I would love to see this happen but what would you do about the fire access road and the animals

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(01-02-2017, 10:50 PM)CPrider Wrote: I would love to see this happen but what would you do about the fire access road and the animals

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Fire Access road would require the coaster being modified as I didn't put it in. It could easily be put in though.

The Zoo would either be downsized to the south side of the Lake or completely removed. I have nothing against the Zoo and know the animals receive the best care possible. But I think the land could be better utilized.