Swan Princess game in PV?
I agree! It still boggles my mind. Why that? Why there?
(08-03-2017, 09:06 PM)CoastersN\Stuff Wrote: If Lagoon did actually purchase this IP, why of all things would they choose The Swan Princess. It's just so random!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Probably not as random as you think. Swan Princess was actually produced (and the IP owned) by the company that makes the Living Scriptures, so there’s a Utah connection there. Random placement for sure, but a lot of Utah girls grew up with princess Odette as their first princess they recognize.
Maybe not random, but if anything 20 years too late.
...and an odd placement.
Is it possible they just bought a truckload of prizes licensed by the IP holder giving them leeway to theme the game to the movie? Are the prizes you win related to the movie in some way?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
I've never seen any related prizes. Just snakes and stuff that you see at other games. I think the actual game existed elsewhere before. Leap Frog?
There actually are related merch. The swan earlier in the year was the princess in swan form. The frog, puffin, and crocs are also characters. (I may have been really tempted to try for these stuffies. I happen to love that movie.)
Yeah, I think that's the answer. They can use the IP to promote playing the game if they give licensed prizes. Usually when you're dealing out a company's merchandise you can get a bit creative promoting it without being sued. They wouldn't be able to have a ride or themed area based on the movie, just a game.

I just want to add that I've never heard of this movie before.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-28-2016, 03:13 PM)Brăden Wrote: Didn't they pull them out once or twice in the past? Seems like some of them at least have been taken out before. That's why I was confused they were all back and none of them working.

That food stand does get forgotten. I bet most people don't even know you can get Dole Whips there.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Dole Whips?!?!? How did I not know this?  Laugh
You didn't know about it because you haven't gone to the Dole Whip Stand. Tongue
Lagoon also has Zeppe, Italian ice + custard. Very yummy!