Game Game Time's Big Move, Ideas
(02-21-2016, 12:15 PM)Brădēn Wrote: When did that start?

It's been like that since I've been here for 3 years. That's why the employees in there wear the purple lagoon shirts. Any employee you see wearing those our hired by a 3rd party. For example the face painters or henna tattoo employees.
Fat Cats is holding out on us then. I want a bowling alley! Happy

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The last time I was at Lagoon was in the early 90s. Back then Game Time was full of arcade games and other quarter machine vending and outside of Game Time were those little boats in that pool that you could drive with a steering wheel. Can any of you older folks like me tell me what has changed at Game Time since then? I'm a bit afraid to ask but I have to. I still dream occasionally of the fun times I had growing up at Lagoon in the 80s. Josh- (DragonTamer) and anyone else, care to fill me in? Frown

Thanks

Ryan
Keep those memories alive! But if you really want to know...
The little boats didn't last much longer. What was left of the old penny arcade machines have slowly gone into disrepair and are now gone. Later in the '90s they actually added another small arcade to the south end called Game Time Too, but soon that was gone as well as the arcade in Lagoon-A-Beach.

They do keep the floor full of games and swap in new ones every year, but that's not always a good thing. They no longer have any classic Skee-Ball machines with the wooden balls. There's a decent variety of games and they all seem to be up and running when I walk through there. But I rarely see more than a handful of people in there. Honestly I'm surprised it's still there. For an arcade in the 2010's it could be worse. Just nothing like the old days.

The Prize Center on the other end of the Midway was turned into a gift shop. They just have a small one inside Game Time now, but it's just for the games in there.
(01-08-2017, 12:39 AM)FireDragon Wrote: The last time I was at Lagoon was in the early 90s.  Back then Game Time was full of arcade games and other quarter machine vending and outside of Game Time were those little boats in that pool that you could drive with a steering wheel.  Can any of you older folks like me tell me what has changed at Game Time since then?  I'm a bit afraid to ask but I have to.  I still dream occasionally of the fun times I had growing up at Lagoon in the 80s.  Josh- (DragonTamer) and anyone else, care to fill me in?  Frown  

Thanks

Ryan

Just curious if you still live near Lagoon or half-way across the country these days? You might enjoy the lagoon history page. Brad'n has a nice collection of old photos and reports on some of the past (and current) attractions. The Lagoon Book is also great to thumb through.