Want some great live comedy tonight at 6:30 pm?
(06-22-2015, 04:18 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: "Family Friendly" programming like this seems to shun not only violence, sexuality and those pesky very naughty words, but also anything topical, political, realistic, historically relevant, scientific, or clever. Basically "family friendly" shows like this are completely stripped of anything remotely intelligent in their quest to portray some completely unrealistic world view where everything is just swell. People make their kids grow up on stuff that is completely devoid of intelligence and unrealistic and wonder why most everybody out there is so stupid and clueless.

Exposing your kids to reality and trusting them to learn lessons from their environment is much better for their long-term mental health than intentionally having them live in a fantasyland during their brain's formative years.

I loved SNL when I was a kid.

I see your point and understand what you are saying. Studio C has some flops with some of its sketches but for the most part they have some really funny stuff. Comedy should be crude and rude to be funny. Jerry Seinfeld is one of the funniest comedians out there and he is very clean comparatively to most comedians. SNL used to be good but its time has come and gone, it hasn't been funny for a while. South Park while most of it was eh, has its funny episodes as with all shows.

I feel comedy has to be middle of the road in terms of content, much like Mel Brooks style or Shrek style. It shouldn't be too nasty and filthy and it shouldn't be too sparkling clean either. That being said I still enjoy Studio C and as do many others.
Everyone has their own tastes in Comedy and Humor. Me, myself LOVE Dead Baby Jokes! lol I do not find Jerry Seinfeld funny. Most episodes of Seinfeld are not Funny to Me. SNL has always been hit or miss, which is one thing that makes it great....they aren't afraid to go there! Weekend Update is the Best! I've never been bored with South Park, but have been by Family Guy and American Dad. If I want Squeeky Clean Comedy, I'll go to Ellen Degeneres. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I love studio C! I've seen them live a couple times doing a Q&A and some live sketches they are great people and I find them very funny imo!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
The Desert Star Theater is a PERFECT Example of being Family Friendly, Topical, Relevant, Edgy, and Hilarious. Unlike Studio C, they don't consider anything off limits. Into the Hoods at Desert Star was a Prime Example. A Parody of Into The Woods, with the Witch being Hilary Clinton, the Baker Mit Romney, and the Baker's Wife, Ann. The Best Part.....Ann Romney was Played by a Man, and it was better than any SNL skit of Ann Romney! lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island