Coaster X Competition Entry
Take a look here:

http://www.coasterx.com/contest/

This was a fun contest to enter. I spent a couple weeks designing this ride so its not the smoothest as it could be, but the idea of the contest was to see how creative one could be.

Here is my entry:

Please Enjoy!
Looks great. Love that second element. I just got back from Universal Orlando and rode Rock-It. Such a cool little coaster!!

Steel: Maverick - Cedar Point
Wood: The Voyage - Holiday World
I'm going to name that coaster SeaSick because of all elements that go one way then the other. Tongue
(05-19-2015, 01:15 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm going to name that coaster SeaSick because of all elements that go one way then the other. Tongue

While watching this, I was thinking how it's ok for the coaster to go completely over 360 degrees. Every times it's like it starts, then chickens out. Even at the end, it almost made it, but still said no. You can do it roller coaster. I believe in you.
(05-19-2015, 01:15 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm going to name that coaster SeaSick because of all elements that go one way then the other. Tongue

It fits. It is on the beach.
(05-19-2015, 06:56 AM)RCF Wrote: While watching this, I was thinking how it's ok for the coaster to go completely over 360 degrees. Every times it's like it starts, then chickens out. Even at the end, it almost made it, but still said no. You can do it roller coaster. I believe in you.

Win Happy

They have announced a winner. This was a fun contest to enter. Too bad there aren't more of them or more people here to do a local challenge. I wish I had won but the winning design was far superior to mine.
I like how yours doesn't make a circuit around the building, but turns around when it gets back towards where it started. Are they actually going to build this thing?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-17-2015, 12:20 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I like how yours doesn't make a circuit around the building, but turns around when it gets back towards where it started. Are  they actually going to build this thing?

Yeah the contest was supposed to be for a secret project in the UK so I guess we shall see but they have intent anyway.
(06-17-2015, 12:20 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I like how yours doesn't make a circuit around the building, but turns around when it gets back towards where it started. Are they actually going to build this thing?
Your Layout was far more interesting than the one chosen, not to mention the funky drop, funky turnaround, high speed turn, etc. Perhaps it came down to what was structurally cheaper and most practical.....however boring the chosen Layout is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island