Cannibal Discussion
So I am talking about the difference of like 1/4 of an inch
(10-12-2018, 03:45 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So just out of Curiosity.
My daughter has been really close to the 48 inch mark, but has just fallen slightly short of the goal.
I purchased her some shoes today that puts her at or slightly above the 48' mark.
The wife is worried, how ever I am not. She has really wanted to go on this ride all year long.

Should the wife be worried or am I right to let her ride?

If the ride attendant looks at her height measurement and determines she can ride it safely then she can ride it safely. If the ride attendant determines she isn't tall enough then she won't be allowed on the ride. That's the way to know for sure if she'll be safe to ride.
I like dark rides

(10-12-2018, 03:45 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Should the wife be worried or am I right to let her ride?

If the shoes put the height above the 48" mark then you are good! Since Lagoon doesn't require people to take off shoes to ride, height does include the extra 1/4 inch soul on those shoes. Smile
(10-12-2018, 07:47 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So I am talking about the difference of like 1/4 of an inch

Oh, well, then I think that she would be safe to ride, especially since she will probably be tall enough by the end of the season. I was thinking that she was like 3 inches below the requirement Tongue
(10-12-2018, 08:58 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If the ride attendant looks at her height measurement and determines she can ride it safely then she can ride it safely. If the ride attendant determines she isn't tall enough then she won't be allowed on the ride. That's the way to know for sure if she'll be safe to ride.

I'd go with Jetstar2's answer.  The ride attendants will (hopefully) be sufficiently trained to know if a specific person should or shouldn't go on a particular ride, since everyone has different body shapes and sizes.
We went to the front and got her hand stamped... The park was way over crowded today and cannible was down when we got here. I don't know if she will get to ride until next weekend... Maybe I will take Friday off to come over
(10-12-2018, 07:47 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So I am talking about the difference of like 1/4 of an inch
The seat and restraint have been designed to safely restrain an average rider the minimum height of 48" in height. It's not just some arbitrary number someone made up to inconvenience you. You have to ask yourself, is it really worth risking your daughter's life to ride Cannibal? I know the answer for my nephew, which is why we waited another year to go to Disneyland, because he is now 43" tall, so he meets the minimum height requirement of most big rides in the parks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island