Cannibal Discussion
(07-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Dawson060 Wrote: Ya we left around 6 and did see that it was running sort of disappointing that screamer never opened when I was there.

Anyone at the park today to see if all the rides are open?
(07-03-2018, 12:07 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Anyone at the park today to see if all the rides are open?

Here now and haven't seen anything closed yet
(07-03-2018, 12:34 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: They did get Cannibal back up around 5. I haven't seen the door at the beginning of the ride work once this season. I don't know why Lagoon builds effects into their rides and doesn't keep them working.
Everytime I've ridden Cannibal this season (once a week for nearly the entire season so far) the Curtain in the station hasn't worked for at least a month, if not longer, to my recollection. I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explaination as to why it is not working, be that waiting on a replacement part, or something else. I can only imagine how much more power is being spent to keep the interior of the tower cool when there is a big open door at the bottom.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-02-2018, 11:55 PM)Dawson060 Wrote: I still think it’s pretty quiet in my opinion even when it was smoking but it’s definitely louder than the other Co-Gens

Do the Co-gens come on automatic with loss of power?
(07-04-2018, 01:24 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Everytime I've ridden Cannibal this season (once a week for nearly the entire season so far) the Curtain in the station hasn't worked for at least a month, if not longer, to my recollection. I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explaination as to why it is not working, be that waiting on a replacement part, or something else. I can only imagine how much more power is being spent to keep the interior of the tower cool when there is a big open door at the bottom.

Really good point about the A/C that I didn't even think of.
(07-06-2018, 08:53 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Do the Co-gens come on automatic with loss of power?
Yes. I've heard a story about BomBora in 2011 or 2012 when the operator at controls called the Rides Office to let them know they just noticed the Co-Gen was running and were informed the park was suffering from a loss of power. The operators apperently didn't notice or experience an interruption in power.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(07-06-2018, 05:13 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yes. I've heard a story about BomBora in 2011 or 2012 when the operator at controls called the Rides Office to let them know they just noticed the Co-Gen was running and were informed the park was suffering from a loss of power. The operators apperently didn't notice or experience an interruption in power.

Just out of curiosity, why are you guys calling the generators co-gen rather than e-gen? Is Lagoon doing something with the generators to get the co-gen designation rather than simply using them as emergency power?

-Z
(07-06-2018, 06:08 PM)Z Wrote: Just out of curiosity, why are you guys calling the generators co-gen rather than e-gen? Is Lagoon doing something with the generators to get the co-gen designation rather than simply using them as emergency power?

-Z
It seems as though Lagoon is using the term "Co-Gen" for the large generators, as the Co-Gen Plant is no longer operating. The smaller generators are still referred to as "Emergency Generators."