Cannibal - New for 2015!
So finally got on Cannibal! Pretty awesome addition to the park! Still do not like how much of an eyesore the tower is, but whatever.

The themed gates before you get to the tower were pretty cool and the anticipation and suspense built in the tower itself is perfect. I would love to see fog or some other kind of lighting in there as they are able to add new upgrades.

The drop is out of this world. I've been on a few over vertical drops and have not been impressed because they typically do not provide that loss of stomach feeling, but this one was designed perfectly! Holy cow. I think I'm nearing 200 coasters and this one is easily in my top 5 favorite drops (others in that slot are Millennium Force, Katan, Griffen, Twisted Colossus). The rest of the ride was fun, but nothing to write home about. I did like the the way the second inversion tossed you around while sitting on the right side of the train and I enjoyed the lagoon roll only because it made me laugh each time with how uncomfortable it made everyone around me feel.

Overall, I was more than surprised by this coaster and look forward to seeing what other fun stuff Lagoon has up its sleeves.
I was at the park last night and noticed a lot of noise coming from bogies on the turn just after the LIM brake prior to the Lagoon Roll. I thought it was just one train at first, but every train made an identical noise at the same spot. Has this been going on for a while? I hadn't heard any noise until last night and I was wondering if a new issue has developed.

-Z
(07-21-2017, 10:40 AM)Z Wrote: I was at the park last night and noticed a lot of noise coming from bogies on the turn just after the LIM brake prior to the Lagoon Roll. I thought it was just one train at first, but every train made an identical noise at the same spot. Has this been going on for a while? I hadn't heard any noise until last night and I was wondering if a new issue has developed.

-Z

It made a pretty bad noise on that turn its opening year as well.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Yes there has been noise after the brake before the lagoon roll for a bit.
Yeah, it's been there a while. I wonder if the turn is too tight for the car to navigate so there is too much friction on one side / pinching?
(07-21-2017, 01:32 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Yeah, it's been there a while. I wonder if the turn is too tight for the car to navigate so there is too much friction on one side / pinching?
Yes the sound was really bad last Monday. I thought it was just one car then I noticed every one was making that sound at the exact same spot.
We need a maintenance guy here to give some input on this subject.
It has always made that sound, though I guess it could be worse now. I remember hearing it while it was still testing and nobody had even ridden it yet.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name