Cannibal - New for 2015!
(09-04-2014, 12:22 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: And I know that I am new but I hope that you amazing people will accept me. I have been following this forum since fall of 2013 and have been amazed with how spot-on you have been since the beginning. I already submitted a request on facebook that after the ride designers and Lagoon employees ride it, you guys (the ones who started this thread so many years ago) should be the first ones on. Can I go right after you guys if that is okay? Smile
Welcome! We have some very good sources and anonymous tips that are sent into us, so the thanks go to them. Feel free to introduce yourself in our Meet and Greet Thread!
http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=757
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'm interested to see how this will have 2 1/2 minutes of ride time with such a short track length. Maybe the enclosed elevator lift will have some effects and stop or go slowly? Either way, I'm very excited for this!
Does anyone know if the drop will also be enclosed? What if they kept it all enclosed except for a little window view before you were about to drop? That would be insane!

There is a new video on FOX 13. It shows that the coaster will have certain water elements to go along with some of the inversions. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful attraction.
The pics they showed on 2 news at noon shows just how cool the themeing is gonna be. The final heliix going though a tunnle like cavern with the waterfall crashing though the center looks breathtaking! Can't Wait!!!
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
(09-04-2014, 12:57 PM)Trackbender Wrote: The pics they showed on 2 news at noon shows just how cool the themeing is gonna be. The final heliix going though a tunnle like cavern with the waterfall crashing though the center looks breathtaking! Can't Wait!!!

It looks like what Wicked should have had with the pond that is there sometimes.
Tallest beyond vertical drop in the world.

Yeah that waterfall looks amazing.
According to the video it looks like the beginning of the beyond-vertical drop is going to jut out of the building and then go back in so that it can enter through the underground tunnel. This will be a one of a kind ride experience that I am sure Lagoon is thrilled to be a part of. This is exactly what they need. Does anybody have an idea of when they will start raising their prices? I should get my season passport now!
(09-04-2014, 01:15 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: According to the video it looks like the beginning of the beyond-vertical drop is going to jut out of the building and then go back in so that it can enter through the underground tunnel. This will be a one of a kind ride experience that I am sure Lagoon is thrilled to be a part of. This is exactly what they need. Does anybody have an idea of when they will start raising their prices? I should get my season passport now!
There's no room for the Drop to go back into the tower. It would also defeat the purpose of enclosing the Tower so it's dark. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-04-2014, 01:24 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:15 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: According to the video it looks like the beginning of the beyond-vertical drop is going to jut out of the building and then go back in so that it can enter through the underground tunnel. This will be a one of a kind ride experience that I am sure Lagoon is thrilled to be a part of. This is exactly what they need. Does anybody have an idea of when they will start raising their prices? I should get my season passport now!
There's no room for the Drop to go back into the tower. It would also defeat the purpose of enclosing the Tower so it's dark. Wink
That makes sense. So the lift will be in the tower, where it is dark, and the beyond-vertical drop will be on the outside before going into the tunnel? I just want clarification on the design.