2nd Utah Amusement Park?
There's a ton of room out between Tooele and Grantsville (if you know where that little town is) and I think they could expand the Miller Motorsports park into an amusement park... Just an idea that I thought of while reading through this topic no one needs to hate on it or shoot it down. I'm not saying that its going to happen or that it should or even what the probability of that happening is just thought it would be pretty cool to see another amusement park and it wouldn't totally be a bad idea to put it there
(03-06-2015, 10:32 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: There's a ton of room out between Tooele and Grantsville (if you know where that little town is) and I think they could expand the Miller Motorsports park into an amusement park... Just an idea that I thought of while reading through this topic no one needs to hate on it or shoot it down
We all saw how the 450 Million Dollar Hard Rock Park/Freestyle Music Park worked out.....Rolleyes
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-06-2015, 10:32 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: There's a ton of room out between Tooele and Grantsville (if you know where that little town is) and I think they could expand the Miller Motorsports park into an amusement park... Just an idea that I thought of while reading through this topic no one needs to hate on it or shoot it down. I'm not saying that its going to happen or that it should or even what the probability of that happening is just thought it would be pretty cool to see another amusement park and it wouldn't totally be a bad idea to put it there

The idea is to place a park between population centers, or close enough to a major one that it doesn't matter, making travel distances insignificant. There is already a perception that Tooele is as far away as you can get. Additionally, the cost of water in Tooele County is the highest in the state (the Miller family owns all available water rights). The only group that could do it would be the Miller family. If they sold the Jazz, they would have the capital to do so, but with the way NBA teams are appreciating right now, it would not be the right time.

-Z
(03-06-2015, 10:40 AM)Z Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 10:32 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: There's a ton of room out between Tooele and Grantsville (if you know where that little town is) and I think they could expand the Miller Motorsports park into an amusement park... Just an idea that I thought of while reading through this topic no one needs to hate on it or shoot it down. I'm not saying that its going to happen or that it should or even what the probability of that happening is just thought it would be pretty cool to see another amusement park and it wouldn't totally be a bad idea to put it there

The idea is to place a park between population centers, or close enough to a major one that it doesn't matter, making travel distances insignificant. There is already a perception that Tooele is as far away as you can get. Additionally, the cost of water in Tooele County is the highest in the state (the Miller family owns all available water rights). The only group that could do it would be the Miller family. If they sold the Jazz, they would have the capital to do so, but with the way NBA teams are appreciating right now, it would not be the right time.

-Z
Yeah that was just a random weird thought I had... Don't really know a lot of the technicalities of all that stuff... You can just ignore what I say lol.
(03-06-2015, 10:47 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 10:40 AM)Z Wrote: The idea is to place a park between population centers, or close enough to a major one that it doesn't matter, making travel distances insignificant. There is already a perception that Tooele is as far away as you can get. Additionally, the cost of water in Tooele County is the highest in the state (the Miller family owns all available water rights). The only group that could do it would be the Miller family. If they sold the Jazz, they would have the capital to do so, but with the way NBA teams are appreciating right now, it would not be the right time.

-Z
Yeah that was just a random weird thought I had... Don't really know a lot of the technicalities of all that stuff... You can just ignore what I say lol.
There's no need to ignore what you say. We're simply relating the reasons why each idea simply isn't Feasible. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(03-06-2015, 11:10 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 10:47 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: Yeah that was just a random weird thought I had... Don't really know a lot of the technicalities of all that stuff... You can just ignore what I say lol.
There's no need to ignore what you say. We're simply relating the reasons why each idea simply isn't Feasible. Wink
Lol I respect that... This is a learning experience for me and I guess all you guys are doing is just giving me the details and info and I'm not taking it the right way... Thanks!
(03-06-2015, 11:14 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 11:10 AM)linearinduction Wrote: There's no need to ignore what you say. We're simply relating the reasons why each idea simply isn't Feasible. Wink
Lol I respect that... This is a learning experience for me and I guess all you guys are doing is just giving me the details and info and I'm not taking it the right way... Thanks!
Just wait until we get on ROI (Return on Investment)! lol
(03-06-2015, 11:19 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 11:14 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: Lol I respect that... This is a learning experience for me and I guess all you guys are doing is just giving me the details and info and I'm not taking it the right way... Thanks!
Just wait until we get on ROI (Return on Investment)! lol

Factoring in cost of money too? Laugh

-Z
(03-06-2015, 11:59 AM)Z Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 11:19 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Just wait until we get on ROI (Return on Investment)! lol

Factoring in cost of money too? Laugh

-Z
Do we REALLY want to get into ROI on Cannibal this soon? lol I think we might get a couple small Family/Kids Rides for a couple years after Cannibal before we see something Larger *cough* Huss Giant Frisbee/Zamperla Giant Discovery *cough* 4.5 Million *cough* Wink
(03-06-2015, 12:23 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 11:59 AM)Z Wrote: Factoring in cost of money too? Laugh

-Z
Do we REALLY want to get into ROI on Cannibal this soon? lol I think we might get a couple small Family/Kids Rides for a couple years after Cannibal before we see something Larger *cough* Huss Giant Frisbee/Zamperla Giant Discovery *cough* 4.5 Million *cough* Wink

Lagoon does good on their family rides though. The ride department is good, marketing..... well maybe they will focus on that.