The SHAMELESS Plug Thread
Love it!!!

Steel: Maverick - Cedar Point
Wood: The Voyage - Holiday World
I Like the new video! It was nicely done, and it was a much better improvement than the last one! Keep up the good work, and onward to 100,000 more views for this one!!
Cool deal. Love it. Seems accurate to me so not sure why lagoon says it is not.
(02-27-2015, 02:30 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote: I Like the new video! It was nicely done, and it was a much better improvement than the last one! Keep up the good work, and onward to 100,000 more views for this one!!
Win

(02-27-2015, 02:54 PM)dbambs Wrote: Cool deal. Love it. Seems accurate to me so not sure why lagoon says it is not.
1) Because Lagoon did not Release it, as they want people to experience it for themselves, as I understand it. 2) This is Ian's Interpretation of what has been built, and not a Recreation Made from Blueprints. This doesn't mean it's bad and inaccurate by any means.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Seems like Lagoon wants it to be a surprise with WOWZERS when people see it so Ian let it out early. It probably irk's them.

I'm glad to have the video early, to be honest. And i'm still going to freak out when I see/ride the real thing on opening day. Wink
Videos don't replace the real thing. That is something Lagoon doesn't understand. I understand keeping the coaster secret while in the planning stage, but they need to learn that if your building a tall coaster in the front of your park you can't keep it secret and you should embrace fans excitement. I wanted to work with them on the 2nd video but they weren't interested and that I their right to do. The first video being way off I understand them not wanting use it.
(02-28-2015, 03:11 PM)Coasters Wrote: Videos don't replace the real thing. That is something Lagoon doesn't understand. I understand keeping the coaster secret while in the planning stage, but they need to learn that if your building a tall coaster in the front of your park you can't keep it secret and you should embrace fans excitement. I wanted to work with them on the 2nd video but they weren't interested and that I their right to do. The first video being way off I understand them not wanting use it.
Lagoon is actually doing the same thing Cedar Point did with Top Thrill Dragster, yet I didn't hear ANYONE criticize them about building a 420' Tower During the Summer of 2002 and Saying "What are you talking about.....nothing is happening," but when Lagoon does it, it's different? I mean, Dragster was originally to be announced in September 2002, but they pushed it back to January 2003 after it was Completed because of all the Hype, again, why did no one complain about it, but when Lagoon does it, everyone complains.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(02-28-2015, 03:11 PM)Coasters Wrote: The first video being way off I understand them not wanting use it.

It's more than it being "off" (which is a woefully general term). You could have the general elevations and shape of the track work down but still lack the completeness of nailing the transitions and roll of the track. Something unique like Cannibal really could use a custom heart-line which is something I'm not sure you've researched and taken into account.

You're not really in a position to provide anything official through No Limits anyway, to be overtly honest. Post the ride to any No Limits forum and they'd say the same thing. Lots of lessons to still be learned, most everyone has moved away from hand building and gone towards Force Vector Design or other math-based plug-ins. I think that is the next step for you in terms of improvement.

I speak as a fellow No Limits user who likes to think he's built up at least a small repoire within the community. I don't know what you think you're gaining by being militantly against uploading your rides for critiques and "red lining".

Might be taking yourself a little too seriously if you honestly think that any corporation would approach a hobbyist before hiring a firm to do their promotional stuff.
(02-28-2015, 11:15 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon is actually doing the same thing Cedar Point did with Top Thrill Dragster, yet I didn't hear ANYONE criticize them about building a 420' Tower During the Summer of 2002 and Saying "What are you talking about.....nothing is happening," but when Lagoon does it, it's different? I mean, Dragster was originally to be announced in September 2002, but they pushed it back to January 2003 after it was Completed because of all the Hype, again, why did no one complain about it, but when Lagoon does it, everyone complains.

Because Cedar Point! Tongue
(02-28-2015, 11:48 PM)ThatWyomingDude Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 03:11 PM)Coasters Wrote: The first video being way off I understand them not wanting use it.

It's more than it being "off" (which is a woefully general term). You could have the general elevations and shape of the track work down but still lack the completeness of nailing the transitions and roll of the track. Something unique like Cannibal really could use a custom heart-line which is something I'm not sure you've researched and taken into account.

You're not really in a position to provide anything official through No Limits anyway, to be overtly honest. Post the ride to any No Limits forum and they'd say the same thing. Lots of lessons to still be learned, most everyone has moved away from hand building and gone towards Force Vector Design or other math-based plug-ins. I think that is the next step for you in terms of improvement.

I speak as a fellow No Limits user who likes to think he's built up at least a small repoire within the community. I don't know what you think you're gaining by being militantly against uploading your rides for critiques and "red lining".

Might be taking yourself a little too seriously if you honestly think that any corporation would approach a hobbyist before hiring a firm to do their promotional stuff.

Actually after my first video I was approaches by a ride manufacture about doing a 3D animation of a ride.