Cannibal NoLimits Creation
^^ Who cares if you are mentioning it every 30 seconds. The PR/Marketing skills are shining bright in your realm!!! Congrats man. I bet Lagoon's marketing team is scratching their heads on how they are going to release their upcoming material.

Love it! Good on you.
The virtual ride also is on the standard examiner Facebook page now, getting some pub.
Why wouldn't you plug it in everywhere... If lagoon isn't going promote it as much as they should then why wouldn't we? Everyone loves hearing about this coaster.
(01-04-2015, 09:48 PM)Coasters Wrote: The actual video I only posted once. Yes did post preview videos. And I don't mention it every 30 seconds.
Rolleyes

My biggest point is that it probably deserves to go to its own thread.

That way, when people want to see new updates on Cannibal, they don't have to dig through pages of tangentially-related content.

But, hey. I guess I'm just a prude.
Coasters, that's awesome that your video is getting media attention. I bet Lagoon takes note and releases one themselves next time they build a coaster, and it will be thanks to you having done this. Looks like you've even got youtube comments from jealous people, don't let it bug you, it's hilarious and awesome. Sooo... anyway, there's been a lot of construction pictures of Cannibal taken from the north, could you possibly take a picture of the model from the same perspective? I think the ride is going to look really impressive from that angle.

Edit: I want to point out that your video has more than twice the number of views of any of Lagoon's official videos.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(01-05-2015, 12:57 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Coasters, that's awesome that your video is getting media attention. I bet Lagoon takes note and releases one themselves next time they build a coaster, and it will be thanks to you having done this. Looks like you've even got youtube comments from jealous people, don't let it bug you, it's hilarious and awesome. Sooo... anyway, there's been a lot of construction pictures of Cannibal taken from the north, could you possibly take a picture of the model from the same perspective? I think the ride is going to look really impressive from that angle.

Edit: I want to point out that your video has more than twice the number of views of any of Lagoon's official videos.

I don't let the Jealous people get to me.

I hope Lagoon takes note, they don't use Social Media the way they should, if any of you follow Silverwood Theme Park on Facebook they use it very well and I bet it pays off for them. I wish Lagoon used it better and hopefully my video will be the kick they need to start using it better. I'm glad my video is getting media attention and to be honest its humbling. I make these videos for enjoyment and it makes me happy the more views it gets means the more people enjoy it.

I'll also work on a picture from the vanatage point. I am currently using NL 2 to improve Cannibal.

(01-05-2015, 07:43 AM)gregwibert Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 12:55 AM)ThatWyomingDude Wrote: Rolleyes

My biggest point is that it probably deserves to go to its own thread.

That way, when people want to see new updates on Cannibal, they don't have to dig through pages of tangentially-related content.

But, hey. I guess I'm just a prude.

This thread is getting kinda large...maybe we could create a cannibal thread with just the video plus pictures / no commentary. I'm thinking more like "Instagram" ?? What do you guys think?

I can put it in a new thread and I like the idea. But I agree with what Slick said below is it might cause confusion. If we specify this is the thread to quickly access the video and direct those with comments to come back to this one it might work out good.

(01-05-2015, 09:23 AM)Slick Wrote: Greg could be a good idea, but could be confusing with 2 different threads.
(01-05-2015, 11:42 AM)Brădēn Wrote: Congratulations, Coasters. This just shows how interested people are in Cannibal and how much Lagoon is missing the boat.

I think what we need is some kind of webpage dedicated to Cannibal updates showing the latest news and just have links to all the photos in a gallery or something. We could also have an ongoing timeline of events that links to specific points in this thread if people want to read comments. But that might be too much work.
Or,

Here's a thought,

Move unrelated content to it's own thread - Like literally every other topic that's been discussed on LiF (or any other organized forum, for that matter) ever.

I don't see why its such a huge issue to keep Cannibal topics in one thread, and No Limits creations in another. That way, people can free give comments directed at the topic of that thread. Coasters can receive criticism and get better, and people interested in actual updates know exactly where to find them.

Here are two. The one where the coaster is really small is from the rough and I mean very rough estimate of the distance from the road to the coaster site and the other one is a closer more defined picture.

Also just for fun and to help explain how Wicked and Cannibal are not the same I have made this fun picture of a side by side of them. All measurements are correct.

(01-05-2015, 01:55 PM)Coasters Wrote: Here are two. The one where the coaster is really small is from the rough and I mean very rough estimate of the distance from the road to the coaster site and the other one is a closer more defined picture.

Also just for fun and to help explain how Wicked and Cannibal are not the same I have made this fun picture of a side by side of them. All measurements are correct.

Awesome renditionings! Do you think, if it's not too much trouble, you could get an overhead bird's eye view, similar to the top secret cannibal design? I just wanna see how well they match up.

Come check out the newest enthusiasts forum for the Intermountain West! http://www.coastutah.com
(01-05-2015, 04:07 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 01:55 PM)Coasters Wrote: Here are two. The one where the coaster is really small is from the rough and I mean very rough estimate of the distance from the road to the coaster site and the other one is a closer more defined picture.

Awesome renditionings! Do you think, if it's not too much trouble, you could get an overhead bird's eye view, similar to the top secret cannibal design? I just wanna see how well they match up.

yeah I can do a top view of it.