Wiki Discussion
(04-02-2015, 06:40 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Oh, I hadn't seen that video before (the Arrow one). that's really awesome and it needs to be on the wiki. Thanks!
Yup. Dal is mentioned about half way as he is working on the pipeline design.

EDIT: Its at 9:22 into the video
Just wanted to note a few Corrections:

Jet Star 2 should be listed as a "Jet Star 2 Coaster," instead of it's bigger brother, the Jumbo Jet

Puff should be listed as a "Tivoli" Coaster

The Bat is a "Suspended Family Coaster MK-700" 

Spider is an "Xtrended SC-2000"

Wild Mouse is a "Wilde Maus Classic," The Safety and Control System was Manufactured by "Gerstlauer Elektro GmbH," The Ride has 10 Trains, yes, they are Officially referred to as "Trains," and Only 7 Trains can be in the circuit at a time.

Cliffhanger is a "Splash Over"

Rattlesnake Rapids is a "River Rapids Ride"

Tidal Wave is a "Pirat"

Dragonfly is a "SpiderMania"

Jumping Dragon is a "Dragon Ride"

OdySea is a "Flying Fish"

Kontiki is a "Kontiki"

Red Rock Rally is a "Speedway"

Tipsey Tea Cups is an "Midi Tea Cup"

Sky Ride is a "Sky Ride"

Sky Scraper is a "Giant Wheel"

Scalawags is a "Mini Jet"

Boomerang is a "Dogems"

Tipsey Tea Cups and Red Rock Rally each cost "$600K"

There is a photo in the Utah Historical Society Archive from the Early 1930s that shows Roller Coaster was Painted White then.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-03-2015, 01:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Puff should be listed as a "Tivoli" Coaster
The Bat is a "Suspended Family Coaster MK-700"
Spider is an "Xtrended SC-2000"
Wild Mouse is a "Wilde Maus Classic,"
Cliffhanger is a "Splash Over"
Rattlesnake Rapids is a "River Rapids Ride"
Tidal Wave is a "Pirat"
Dragonfly is a "SpiderMania"
Jumping Dragon is a "Dragon Ride"
OdySea is a "Flying Fish"
Kontiki is a "Kontiki"
Red Rock Rally is a "Speedway"
Tipsey Tea Cups is an "Midi Tea Cup"
Sky Ride is a "Sky Ride"
Sky Scraper is a "Giant Wheel"
Scalawags is a "Mini Jet"
The model names given by the manufacturers are listed in the info sections on the individual ride pages. When I wrote the rides page I used simple descriptions that the general public might understand better, similar to how I tried to only use words that 5-year-olds understand on the kiddie rides page. It doesn't mean that's the best way to do it, so feel free to request an account and talk about it in the discussion or just change it.

(04-03-2015, 01:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Boomerang is a "Dogems"
Do you know the manufacturer? (Scamper too?)

(04-03-2015, 01:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: The Safety and Control System was Manufactured by "Gerstlauer Elektro GmbH," The Ride has 10 Trains, yes, they are Officially referred to as "Trains," and Only 7 Trains can be in the circuit at a time.
Tipsey Tea Cups and Red Rock Rally each cost "$600K"
Thank you for the info. I'll add the notes to the discussion for the next person that edits those pages.

(04-03-2015, 01:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: There is a photo in the Utah Historical Society Archive from the Early 1930s that shows Roller Coaster was Painted White then.
It's possible that it was always white. The old postcard that shows it brown is false-color, and could possibly be wrong. I'll work on that.

(04-03-2015, 01:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Jet Star 2 should be listed as a "Jet Star 2 Coaster," instead of it's bigger brother, the Jumbo Jet
I agree that Jumbo Jet was a poor choice. Maybe I'll change it to "Jet Coaster".  Devil

Edit: I updated all the models that were missing, or incorrect... except I didn't do Jumping Dragon (Are you sure it's a Dragon Ride and not a Roundabout?) and I also want a manufacturer for Boomerang before naming the model. I noted the Gerstlauer thing in the Wild Mouse discussion, and added the costs for TTC and RRR to their pages. The only thing I changed for now on the rides page was "Jumbo Jet Coaster" to "Jet Coaster".

Edit 2: For some reason the wikimedia commons pictures (like the Can I Ride? question mark logo) aren't working now... unsure why
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(04-03-2015, 01:25 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: The model names given by the manufacturers are listed in the info sections on the individual ride pages. When I wrote the rides page I used simple descriptions that the general public might understand better, similar to how I tried to only use words that 5-year-olds understand on the kiddie rides page. It doesn't mean that's the best way to do it, so feel free to request an account and talk about it in the discussion or just change it.
Do you know the manufacturer? (Scamper too?)
Thank you for the info. I'll add the notes to the discussion for the next person that edits those pages.
It's possible that it was always white. The old postcard that shows it brown is false-color, and could possibly be wrong. I'll work on that.
I agree that Jumbo Jet was a poor choice. Maybe I'll change it to "Jet Coaster".  Devil

Edit: I updated all the models that were missing, or incorrect... except I didn't do Jumping Dragon (Are you sure it's a Dragon Ride and not a Roundabout?) and I also want a manufacturer for Boomerang before naming the model. I noted the Gerstlauer thing in the Wild Mouse discussion, and added the costs for TTC and RRR to their pages. The only thing I changed for now on the rides page was "Jumbo Jet Coaster" to "Jet Coaster".

"Jet Coaster" is Equivalent to "Roller Coaster" in Japan. "Jet Star Coaster" would be more accurate.

Jumping Dragon is Indeed a Zierer "Dragon Ride"
http://www.zierer.com/en/mainmenu/produc...agon-ride/

Also, all the Zierer Built Rides should have "ZIERER Karussell- und Spezialmaschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG" listed as the Manufacturer and all Huss Rides should be "Huss Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG"
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(04-03-2015, 02:06 AM)linearinduction Wrote: "Jet Coaster" is Equivalent to "Roller Coaster" in Japan. "Jet Star Coaster" would be more accurate.

For a bit I had considered trying to appease everybody by calling Tilt-A-Whirl a "Waltzer" and so on, but screw that, this is 'murica. I could argue that "Jet Coaster" is better in a lowest common denominator kind of way, and that it isn't even misleading to the Japanese because it is a roller coaster after all, but I won't argue that because I really don't care. I'll change it and the other stuff tomorrow. Smile
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
(04-02-2015, 05:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: ==Wiki Happenings==

A newly completed full walk-through on using the wiki has been added.

The to do list has been automated, and there's lots to do.

It appears to me that this LA Times article is heavily sourced from the LiF Wiki and includes info from the following pages:

Cannibal
Lagoon
Zierer
Dal Freeman
Roller Coaster
Rides

I'm going to finish up a couple more pages and take a break for a while.

Thanks for all your work on the Wiki again. You deserve that break! My goal of working on it has been put on hold for now while I'm dealing with some severe back pain. I can't seem to sit in front of my computer for long before it becomes unbearable. Frown Anyway, enough whining. The to-do list is amazing! I love what you've done with it. I see what you mean about the amount of work to be done. That will give us plenty to do over the summer!
(04-03-2015, 07:11 PM)Willenator Wrote: Thanks for all your work on the Wiki again. You deserve that break! My goal of working on it has been put on hold for now while I'm dealing with some severe back pain. I can't seem to sit in front of my computer for long before it becomes unbearable. Frown Anyway, enough whining. The to-do list is amazing! I love what you've done with it. I see what you mean about the amount of work to be done. That will give us plenty to do over the summer!

I DEMAND Luke work 24/7 on the Wiki with NO CIG BREAKS! lol
(04-03-2015, 07:11 PM)Willenator Wrote: Thanks for all your work on the Wiki again. You deserve that break! My goal of working on it has been put on hold for now while I'm dealing with some severe back pain. I can't seem to sit in front of my computer for long before it becomes unbearable. Frown Anyway, enough whining. The to-do list is amazing! I love what you've done with it. I see what you mean about the amount of work to be done. That will give us plenty to do over the summer!

Thanks! I hope you feel better, that sounds awful. Sorry I just swooped in and took over the To Do List after you created it, but this way it'll be easy to keep track of what's going on even if people take long breaks from working on things. The walkthrough is kind of a guide to everything I've learned and done here so hopefully none of it will be a mystery.

It may take time, but this will be awesome. I bet at some point even the park itself will routinely use the wiki.

(04-04-2015, 03:26 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I DEMAND Luke work 24/7 on the Wiki with NO CIG BREAKS! lol

I changed everything you mentioned, but instead of putting the full name of the manufacturers everywhere, whenever "Zierer" or "Huss" appears it is a clickable link to the Zierer or Huss pages which prominently display the full company names there. For some people those names are tl;dr, and those who care can click the link to learn more. Now everybody's happy. Twirling Ribbons

The suggestions you made are really helpful. What would be incredibly helpful is to put them where they are supposed to go. If you're on a wiki page and something is wrong or missing on that page: click "discussion", type in what should be changed, type four tildes (~~~~) to sign your name, and click save. (You'll need an account for this). If you do that, it will be read by anybody who edits the page at any time in the futute AND your suggestion will automatically be placed on the To Do List.

(04-02-2015, 06:45 PM)Coasters Wrote: Yup. Dal is mentioned about half way as he is working on the pipeline design.

EDIT: Its at 9:22 into the video

I added the video URL and some other resources to the Dal Freeman discussion area. When somebody edits that page, they'll have good stuff to go on.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
I submitted a request for an account so I can help out. Smile
(04-04-2015, 11:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I submitted a request for an account so I can help out. Smile
Sweet! Smile
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride