Wiki Discussion
(03-16-2015, 09:00 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks for letting me focus some of my own OCD on your wiki. :p I think people will grow to really enjoy it over the course of the 2015 season.

You're doing a great job. I wish I had more time to help. Thanks for carrying the team Wink
(03-16-2015, 09:00 PM)jetstar2 Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 05:37 PM)Willenator Wrote: The wiki auto patrols users after a certain threshold of manually patrolled edits. I think I only had to patrol your edits for about a week before they were just accepted.
Oh, cool Smile. Patrolling is something I was totally unaware of.

(03-16-2015, 07:46 PM)Willenator Wrote: It does take a bit to understand wiki. If I didn't have jetstar2 helping me out, I'm sure it would look nothing like it does now. I went and created pages that actually matched the layout look of the old ride pages originally and things have just morphed as jetstar2 has started adjusting things to implement how the wiki naturally pulls information together.
Thanks for letting me focus some of my own OCD on your wiki. :p I think people will grow to really enjoy it over the course of the 2015 season.
As long as it ends up similar to the old Rides Page, I'll be happy. I'm happy to know the current look isn't final and it's still being built! Smile
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(02-24-2015, 01:22 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Just want to note that I've found when you upload a new version of a photo to the wiki it may take up to several hours for the server to stop sending cached versions of the old one, but it does eventually show the new one everywhere.
Bumping this useful information, it will probably drive everybody who encounters it crazy if they don't know.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(03-22-2015, 10:05 PM)jetstar2 Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:22 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Just want to note that I've found when you upload a new version of a photo to the wiki it may take up to several hours for the server to stop sending cached versions of the old one, but it does eventually show the new one everywhere.
Bumping this useful information, it will probably drive everybody who encounters it crazy if they don't know.

Sorry.
You can delete the old version.
I'm not very smart.
There's nothing to be sorry for. It drove me crazy, I believe it drove Will crazy too, so I just anticipate that everybody will be confused by it. It's really annoying unless you know what's going on. When you upload a new version, it looks like you just uploaded the old one, because it still shows the old one under that filename for an hour or so. Just letting you know you're not crazy.
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
Now that the forum upgrade is finished, I want to start working on the wiki some more. I can't let jetstar2 have all the fun. Happy I was wondering if it would be appropriate to make a to-do list page on the wiki where we can put in what we want to see added or improved. I made a small list earlier in this discussion thread, and I was thinking of expanding on it and then beginning to work on the list and get content added to the wiki.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, or if we could do something similar.
(03-27-2015, 03:13 AM)Willenator Wrote: Now that the forum upgrade is finished, I want to start working on the wiki some more. I can't let jetstar2 have all the fun. Happy I was wondering if it would be appropriate to make a to-do list page on the wiki where we can put in what we want to see added or improved. I made a small list earlier in this discussion thread, and I was thinking of expanding on it and then beginning to work on the list and get content added to the wiki.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, or if we could do something similar.

lol, sorry if I get carried away with it sometimes Smile But yes, any kind of useful internal page, such as a to-do list can be created in the Lagoon is Fun Wiki namespace, so when you create the page do it as "Lagoon Is Fun Wiki:To Do List" or whatever name you'd like to give it. Putting it in that namespace keeps it separate from the regular info pages.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
==Wiki Happenings==

A newly completed full walk-through on using the wiki has been added.

The to do list has been automated, and there's lots to do.

It appears to me that this LA Times article is heavily sourced from the LiF Wiki and includes info from the following pages:

Cannibal
Lagoon
Zierer
Dal Freeman
Roller Coaster
Rides

I'm going to finish up a couple more pages and take a break for a while.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
(04-02-2015, 05:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: ==Wiki Happenings==

A newly completed full walk-through on using the wiki has been added.

The to do list has been automated, and there's lots to do.

It appears to me that this LA Times article is heavily sourced from the LiF Wiki and includes info from the following pages:

Cannibal
Lagoon
Zierer
Dal Freeman
Roller Coaster
Rides

I'm going to finish up a couple more pages and take a break for a while.

A section of the video I have on Youtube mentioning Dal might be good for the wiki if you'd like 
(04-02-2015, 06:06 PM)Coasters Wrote: A section of the video I have on Youtube mentioning Dal might be good for the wiki if you'd like 

Oh, I hadn't seen that video before (the Arrow one). that's really awesome and it needs to be on the wiki. Thanks!
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride