New Roller Coaster Design Concept
I thought it would be fun to speculate if Lagoon were to build a mega inverted roller coaster within the Rattlesnake Rapids area to give more coaster diversity in the park.

I figured this area of the forum would be a perfect spot to post this video to get some good discussion from Lagoon fans on their thoughts and feelings about the idea.

(Again, this is a concept and not something Lagoon is planning)

I'd say your design needs to not be inverted because it was too much upside down. Too many g's. Besides that good idea. But no coaster will be built in pv.
Interesting. You did a pretty good job recreating Rattlesnake. But I agree about the upside down parts. Is like to see your take on a mine train for that area.
We sometimes have roller coaster design contests during the off season / winter months that you might enjoy Smile

Welcome to LIF...

How do you like RCT3 ?
(10-30-2014, 11:22 PM)Coasters Wrote: I'd say your design needs to not be inverted because it was too much upside down. Too many g's. Besides that good idea. But no coaster will be built in pv.

Yeah, there is a lot of upside down and made me also wonder if it's physically possible to recreate - kinda a wacky design for sure.
(10-31-2014, 01:21 AM)Brad-n Wrote: Interesting. You did a pretty good job recreating Rattlesnake. But I agree about the upside down parts. Is like to see your take on a mine train for that area.

I agree that a mine train or other type of western themed coaster would work well. While looking at the park, it seems like a possible good spot for that type of coaster would be at the end of the "western town street" at Lagoon. That way those shops would get traffic and make that area more useful.
(10-31-2014, 06:39 AM)gregwibert Wrote: We sometimes have roller coaster design contests during the off season / winter months that you might enjoy Smile

Welcome to LIF...

How do you like RCT3 ?

Thanks for the welcome Smile Yes, I would be interested in that for sure. I've always been an RCT fan and came across RCT3 a couple of years ago. I especially liked it more when I discovered all the custom content that was available for that game in order to add more realistic aspects.
(10-31-2014, 11:54 AM)Rollerweekz Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 11:22 PM)Coasters Wrote: I'd say your design needs to not be inverted because it was too much upside down. Too many g's. Besides that good idea. But no coaster will be built in pv.

Yeah, there is a lot of upside down and made me also wonder if it's physically possible to recreate - kinda a wacky design for sure.

Major IT of the ride was upside down for long periods of time so that would cause load of black outs. In the 1920's it would have been Ok lol
(10-31-2014, 12:10 PM)Coasters Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 11:54 AM)Rollerweekz Wrote: Yeah, there is a lot of upside down and made me also wonder if it's physically possible to recreate - kinda a wacky design for sure.

Major IT of the ride was upside down for long periods of time so that would cause load of black outs. In the 1920's it would have been Ok lol

Why go all the way back to the 1920's when such rides as the infamous loop slide at Action Park was allowed in the 1980's? Wink

(10-31-2014, 12:16 PM)Rollerweekz Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 12:10 PM)Coasters Wrote: Major IT of the ride was upside down for long periods of time so that would cause load of black outs. In the 1920's it would have been Ok lol

Why go all the way back to the 1920's when such rides as the infamous loop slide at Action Park was allowed in the 1980's? Wink

Because I'd love to ride many coasters from the 1920's that aren't around anymore. That's why I love Roller Coaster.