Ingress!
(10-31-2014, 12:28 AM)Velcro Wrote: I tested the app at the park. I was amazed at how many portals there are at Lagoon. Sadly, I discovered the location part of my phone has some major issues, so I'm going to have to do some troubleshooting. My wife's phone did just fine, but mine wouldn't find me actual location or even see me moving around the park, so I gave up after awhile. My wife did enjoy going after some of Greg's portals and capturing some of her own.

Lol!

I met up with Shane and Brad-n last night. The whole park was SMURF'd! I used level 8's to knock down some really strong blue portals so Brad-n could level up from 5 to 6. I checked them a second later and someone was taking them back!

We started looking around the crowd to see if we could figure out WHO the blue dude was... We saw a guy with an evil grin, staring at his phone. I hollered at him "Hey! .... You blue!?" He looked up, surprised for a second...there was an awkward moment of silence...he admitted he was indeed BLUE!

After the silence broke, we shook hands and talked. This guy is REALLY HARD CORE! He even had a custom made Ingress hoody with the blue insignia and his user name on the sleeve. I don't think WE are quite that hard core. His wife and 5 year old boy joined us. His 5 year old is a level 8 (which, according to his wife, achieved this all by himself / no help from parents).

Apparently there were several level 8+'s at the park taking over ALL portals so they can earn their "Guardian" badge. The portals all had level 8 resonators and shielding on them. You can only drop a single level 8 per player so a portal with 8 of them is an 8 player collaboration (which is the social aspect of the game).

I have to admit it was really cool seeing portals with ALL level 8 res on them. Never saw that before. Those things were amazingly tough to take down. We decided just to hack for items for the rest of the night. You can Hack some really great items from portals with such high energy (thanks to BLUE! Lol...)

Sadly, Lagoon will be a blue haven during the off season. Oh well, maybe we can make it green next year.....
So everyone if u want to get greg a really good Christmas gift, get him a special order ingress jacket with his name on it. Actually we should start a fund and get one for brad also they can be twins.
Haha. Yeah right slick. I know you are already checking out the website for yours. Happy
(10-31-2014, 07:44 AM)Slick Wrote: So everyone if u want to get greg a really good Christmas gift, get him a special order ingress jacket with his name on it. Actually we should start a fund and get one for brad also they can be twins.

(10-31-2014, 08:32 AM)Brad-n Wrote: Haha. Yeah right slick. I know you are already checking out the website for yours. Happy

HA HA HA!!!!

That entire family is out of our Ingress league!

Here is the intel map of Lagoon today....still blue....

https://www.ingress.com/intel
That's what I was noticing. I found three people on the park slowly turning the park to blue. They started on the south end and worked north while I was there.
Anyone past level 8 on Ingress yet? I've earned only 1 silver badge / several bronze. Bronze don't get you anywhere tho. You need a combination of silver and gold badges plus AP to level up.

A few blue guys that I've learned to despise in Ogden. These guys almost always take down green portals DAILY:

FrYBaLLz
BioHazardSmurf
PapaVictor
Im gettin there, 4 silvers almost 5
What's the best way to level up? I'm still level 1. Frown
It's been taking me forever to get through level 7! But I'm still working on it.
(12-15-2014, 11:30 PM)Willenator Wrote: What's the best way to level up? I'm still level 1. Frown

Best way to level up is hack everything, and linking.