Ingress!
Slick (Shane) has hooked a few of us on an Augmented Reality game called Ingress (made ultimately by Google). It is basically a high-tech "capture the flag". There is a blue team (Smurfs) and a green team (Frogs).

https://www.ingress.com/

There are over 7 million people around the world playing Ingress these days. It works on Android and IPhone. It utilizes your GPS and google maps to show your location and the location of various "portals". You can change the color of a portal to your team color as well as link portals for extra action points. As you gain action points you increase in level. The higher levels can do some serious damage to the opposing teams portals (this is fun).

There are a ton of "portals" tied to various rides and attractions at Lagoon so we've been playing while walking around the park. The game has a "Comm" / chat that allows you to see other players capturing your portals, placing resonators (which allow you to claim portals for your team), etc.

Shane and I were battling it out with "Darthn8dr" on Friday and Saturday night. The guy is a level 13 so it took both of us (level 7's) to keep up with him (hence a "team" strategy is best employed).

I'm also finding a lot of portals in Ogden (Frogden) and Farmington (outside of Lagoon).

I was walking around Ogden on Monday and a guy approached me by name. He was playing the game and saw I was taking portals via the Comm. He gave me some weapons that he didn't need and we talked for a while. He said Ogden is always green so they call it "Frogden". Lol.

Anyway, it's fun to do while at Lagoon (especially how busy it has been). It's kinda social / a way to meet new people. If anyone is interested in playing, Shane and I would be glad to help get you started. We can help you get to a higher level (level 1 through 4 kinda sucks because you can't take down much). If we all get good enough, we can keep Lagoon green (maybe we should call it Fragoon!?)

Have fun!
http://makeutahgreen.com
Great post on ingress greg, yea if u join the ranks make sure u choose enlightened or green. If u dont choose green u are a evil smurf and u are the enemy and must die. We can definitely use more green tho, we need help there are a lot fewer of us.
(10-29-2014, 12:50 PM)Slick Wrote: Great post on ingress greg, yea if u join the ranks make sure u choose enlightened or green. If u dont choose green u are a evil smurf and u are the enemy and must die. We can definitely use more green tho, we need help there are a lot fewer of us.

funny part is watching him play it at lagoon and almost run into people cause he cant look up from it

Coaster Count: 73
Favorite Wooden: The Beast
Favorite Steel: Maverick
It's definitely more fun knowing how it works. That's awesome you meet another green, Greg. What would've happened if he was blue? Haha. Seems like everything south of Lagoon is blue so it's good to know there's a green haven. Haha
(10-29-2014, 12:50 PM)Slick Wrote: Great post on ingress greg, yea if u join the ranks make sure u choose enlightened or green. If u dont choose green u are a evil smurf and u are the enemy and must die. We can definitely use more green tho, we need help there are a lot fewer of us.

Except Frogs are stomping smurfs World Wide today!

(10-29-2014, 01:05 PM)Murychic Wrote: funny part is watching him play it at lagoon and almost run into people cause he cant look up from it

Lol, yeah...I didn't say it was 100% hazard free! Cory was able to surprise me twice yesterday because I had my nose in the game. I tried recruiting him for the cause but I don't think he took the bait Rolleyes

(10-29-2014, 03:19 PM)Brad-n Wrote: It's definitely more fun knowing how it works. That's awesome you meet another green, Greg. What would've happened if he was blue? Haha. Seems like everything south of Lagoon is blue so it's good to know there's a green haven. Haha

I actually looked him in the eyes for a second and said with a snarl: What color are you?

He immediately replied: I know what color rules Frogden, green of course.

After we established colors, the tension in the air cleared....

It kinda reminded me of an old western movie show-down in the middle of town. Wink

I noticed last night there is a TON of blue on the bench just east of Lagoon. We could all take 'em down sometime OR I could drop a JARVIS Virus on it and instantly turn the blue to green (very rare item but AWESOMELY COOL.)

I'm 100,000 from level 8.
That's awesome. I feel like people follow me and wait for me to stop playing and then they jump in and take everything back! But I'm still making progress. Almost to level 6
Good job bradley so proud of u!
Yay for Ingress! I play it occasionally up here in Frogden! Never thought to load it at Lagoon. I'm missing out!
Really? That's awesome....but, which color are you?