Hogle Zoo Discussion Thread
http://fox13now.com/2018/06/08/kazek-a-1...-zoo-dies/

...and, wouldn't you know it, half of the comments on articles from various news sites are about how bad the tiger enclosures are at Lagoon. I'm not even surprised anymore.
It's never going away. The GP only take things at face value and not figure out how they are ACTUALLY being treated.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Saw the tiger passed. Sad but he was old. Hopefully he fathered many cubs that will continue his legacy.
(06-11-2018, 05:09 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Saw the tiger passed. Sad but he was old. Hopefully he fathered many cubs that will continue his legacy.

It is sad but ill tell ya what the new polar bears they got are so entertaining. 

On a side note that hill side behind the main entrance just screams MACK Multilaunch coaster like Helix! It's near an impossible thing to ever happen but how awesome it would be.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(06-11-2018, 07:57 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It is sad but ill tell ya what the new polar bears they got are so entertaining. 

On a side note that hill side behind the main entrance just screams MACK Multilaunch coaster like Helix! It's near an impossible thing to ever happen but how awesome it would be.

LOL!

A true Amusement Enthusiast!  Laugh
My wife and I have held passes for the Hogle Zoo for a majority of our sons life, so we've been there a ton over the past 6 years. We were able to watch the building and opening of the African Savanna. We enjoy visiting and I take tons of photos there as well. Sad to hear about Kazek. He was old though, 14 years is quite the age for a tiger! They also say he had irritable bowel syndrome for the past few years as well, so it seems he lived quite long for a tiger and having an issue like that.
The bears are also a favorite of ours, both the polar and the grizzly. Usually we can catch them playing with each other. One of the last times we went I got some good pics of the grizzly bears playing around, one of them in the water.