13 Floors of Hell: New Utah Haunted House!!
I still havent bought a building, but I am going to go look at a building on California ave in Salt Lake on Tuesday. I will most likely have it open during just the Halloween season, but once a month Im going to have a day you can come get a good scare and see all the work we put into the Haunted House from when you went in September thru November. I have about 30 actors from haunted houses like castle of Chaos, Fear Factory and the old Rocky Point that are going to help me. I want about 50 more actors so if you or someone you know would like to act for the best haunted house in Utah please message me, DONT email me your name and number and Ill contact you.
(12-25-2011, 03:14 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: I still havent bought a building, but I am going to go look at a building on California ave in Salt Lake on Tuesday. I will most likely have it open during just the Halloween season, but once a month Im going to have a day you can come get a good scare and see all the work we put into the Haunted House from when you went in September thru November. I have about 30 actors from haunted houses like castle of Chaos, Fear Factory and the old Rocky Point that are going to help me. I want about 50 more actors so if you or someone you know would like to act for the best haunted house in Utah please message me, DONT email me your name and number and Ill contact you.
Sounds like a plan with great Freeway Access! I would be more than happy to help with anything I could. There were a lot of things I saw at Cedar Point that I thought were great. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-23-2011, 03:47 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Also, Skwid I want to give you 5 free tickets to opening night. You have really made me think about how to make my haunted house be successful in a state with so many amazing haunted houses. Thanks to everyone who have given me so many amazing ideas to make my haunted house truly uniuqe. Thanks again
(12-24-2011, 10:22 AM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Linearinduction, I have been thinking about it. For now I am just going to give Skwid some free tickets, but maybe I will hire him as a Consultant. Or maybe better.

Jazzman PM me the details and contact information when you are ready and I will see what I can do... Right now I have been asked by a couple of start-ups and an established house to help next year, but I am always good to talk with anyone about what they are doing. Wink

Good luck on finding a building, as you know location is key to the game anywhere, I hope you can find a building that is not too far into the industrial park that it will be hard to find. Also remember make sure the location feels safe, I have seen too many start-ups find a great building, but the area felt dangerous at night, so families avoided going there. I also know of one that had a great building, that was off of a main road, but it was down a side street, and was semi-hidden from the main road, so it lost business because of that. Of course if you have ran a successful haunt in Oregon, I am probably just preaching to the choir. Good luck again in finding a good location.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(12-26-2011, 08:52 AM)skwid Wrote:
(12-23-2011, 03:47 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Also, Skwid I want to give you 5 free tickets to opening night. You have really made me think about how to make my haunted house be successful in a state with so many amazing haunted houses. Thanks to everyone who have given me so many amazing ideas to make my haunted house truly uniuqe. Thanks again
(12-24-2011, 10:22 AM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Linearinduction, I have been thinking about it. For now I am just going to give Skwid some free tickets, but maybe I will hire him as a Consultant. Or maybe better.

Jazzman PM me the details and contact information when you are ready and I will see what I can do... Right now I have been asked by a couple of start-ups and an established house to help next year, but I am always good to talk with anyone about what they are doing. Wink

Good luck on finding a building, as you know location is key to the game anywhere, I hope you can find a building that is not too far into the industrial park that it will be hard to find. Also remember make sure the location feels safe, I have seen too many start-ups find a great building, but the area felt dangerous at night, so families avoided going there. I also know of one that had a great building, that was off of a main road, but it was down a side street, and was semi-hidden from the main road, so it lost business because of that. Of course if you have ran a successful haunt in Oregon, I am probably just preaching to the choir. Good luck again in finding a good location.

Hey Skwid...just wondering how you know so much about haunted houses and stuff? I guess I'm asking for your resume'...lol...
GregWibert I was wondering that exact thing. Skwid, You are never preaching to a chior with me because, I am always down to hear anything that could make my Haunted House boom
(12-26-2011, 11:53 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Hey Skwid...just wondering how you know so much about haunted houses and stuff? I guess I'm asking for your resume'...lol...
(12-26-2011, 08:53 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: GregWibert I was wondering that exact thing. Skwid, You are never preaching to a chior with me because, I am always down to hear anything that could make my Haunted House boom

In a nutshell...

I have 20+ years in the haunt industry, I have worked with March of Dimes, Rocky Point, Frightmares!, and Lazarus Maze exclusively, and consulted with others. I have professional make-up training from artists such as Brian Penikas, Michael Burnett, and Chris Hanson. Everything I have done with the haunted house industry I have served as casting and operations directors, make-up and costume directing, house design and lay-out, and of course actor training. I have set-up staff training and incentive programs for haunts that are still in use because they work. I have been interviewed by television, radio, newspaper, and magazines about my knowledge of haunted houses. I have successfully helped manage and direct haunted houses to become the number one haunts in Utah while I was there. Finally I only know of a handful of people that have the training and knowledge that I have, and only the people that trained me have more knowledge than I do in the haunt industry. I know this sounds arrogant, but you asked. Wink

(12-26-2011, 11:00 PM)skwid Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 11:53 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Hey Skwid...just wondering how you know so much about haunted houses and stuff? I guess I'm asking for your resume'...lol...
(12-26-2011, 08:53 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: GregWibert I was wondering that exact thing. Skwid, You are never preaching to a chior with me because, I am always down to hear anything that could make my Haunted House boom

In a nutshell...

I have 20+ years in the haunt industry, I have worked with March of Dimes, Rocky Point, Frightmares!, and Lazarus Maze exclusively, and consulted with others. I have professional make-up training from artists such as Brian Penikas, Michael Burnett, and Chris Hanson. Everything I have done with the haunted house industry I have served as casting and operations directors, make-up and costume directing, house design and lay-out, and of course actor training. I have set-up staff training and incentive programs for haunts that are still in use because they work. I have been interviewed by television, radio, newspaper, and magazines about my knowledge of haunted houses. I have successfully helped manage and direct haunted houses to become the number one haunts in Utah while I was there. Finally I only know of a handful of people that have the training and knowledge that I have, and only the people that trained me have more knowledge than I do in the haunt industry. I know this sounds arrogant, but you asked. Wink

Wow! Very cool! Thanks for sharing Smile

(12-26-2011, 11:00 PM)skwid Wrote:

In a nutshell...

In other words, skwid is, at the very least, on par with the people running Haunt at Knott's. Of course, that's being modest. If I were to speak as my "Super Ego" self, I would say skwid could pull off something better than Haunt at Knott's, if given the financial resources required. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Skwid, After hearing that I have decided to ask you if you would train my actors. Also if you accept I would like to make you my head Make-up artist. I am also going to ask you if you will come to my haunt, when we find a building and help us with set design and layout. I will pay you for your efforts.
(12-27-2011, 04:33 AM)linearinduction Wrote: In other words, skwid is, at the very least, on par with the people running Haunt at Knott's. Of course, that's being modest. If I were to speak as my "Super Ego" self, I would say skwid could pull off something better than Haunt at Knott's, if given the financial resources required. Wink

It's funny you mention Knott's... Rocky Point at one point worked with Knott's before working with Disney artists and I was offered a position with Knott's so Scary Farms Australia after I gave the Director a tour of Rocky Point in Ogden as
Bertha the shy farm girl... I look terrible in a dress. Wink

(12-27-2011, 10:14 AM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Skwid, After hearing that I have decided to ask you if you would train my actors. Also if you accept I would like to make you my head Make-up artist. I am also going to ask you if you will come to my haunt, when we find a building and help us with set design and layout. I will pay you for your efforts.

Jazzman, PM me your contact information when your ready and we can talk, I would start thinking about a theme for your haunt right now while you are looking for the building.