Video Idea For ALL The Games
I talked about this last season a little but next year I want to make informational videos of every game at Lagoon maybe get my tripod and set it up infront of the game and get some help from LIF people so that im not getting random people in the shot & so I dont have to worry about that I got people on camera that didn't want to be filmed. We will however have to ask the game operator if he or she is ok with being on film and tell them that its for youtube. I then would have me or someone else talk about the game and tell the objective, how much it costs, tips and tricks to help you win the game, and do demonstrations of me or somebody playing the game. This can be different people or each game like if you know how to play a certain game better then other or know tips and tricks to the game.

I haven't decided if I will just have them talk or who ever is in the video sell the stuff or if I should just do a narration/commentary on the video and show how it works and all then just do the normal audio for when the person plays. I also would like to know if I should make a separate video for each game or have it all on one video? I thought it would be easier to do a separate video for each game so its easier to find the games. Then Will could update the game page with my videos if thats what he wants to do.

I know I would like to start the video back where you can see the whole view of the sign and game. Then when telling how play it and pricing I would show the game sign on all that stating the info. then I would demonstrate the game or have someone else do it.

Now for the hard part I would like to get on film someone wining at each game once so that it proves you can win and its not rigged. Some games would be easy to do that with. Others like glass pitch or ring toss would be hard to get. As for race games would could get 3 LIF people to play so that one of them would win for sure. Then like I said before if anyone is better at a certain game where they can win then that would be better change to get a winner on camera.

Please tell me your thoughts and how I should go about created the videos.
I am pretty good at Goblet Toss and I also like to play Break A Plate. I also play the putting game and I am willing to do the milk cans. Those are all games I have won the Jumbo prizes on.
What are we doing for dinner?
If I'm not working next year, I could probably help. I know some tricks to some of the games (Rebound, haven't tried Glass Pitch but I know the trick to it, I've won Bonanza before).
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
I like this idea! Reading about the games is one thing, but actually seeing videos of them played is another. I'd love to have videos that we could post on the Website for people to watch. I'm sure members of the LIF community would be more than willing to help.

I have an idea that you can use as well if you want. Why not encourage people to send in their suggestions on how to win the games with each video. Then you could film yourself or others giving the suggestion a try to see how well it works. You could do a videos that have multiple suggestions and cover a handful of games then ask again for feedback from viewers to see if they can come up with a different technique.
Ok sounds good and yea one of the guns at Bonanza is fixed so you can just point it all the way forward and its aimed at the right level automatically all you have to do then is aim left or right and that gun is easy to win on it on the left middle side. Also Top Gun the far left gun is the most powerful one and can win alot easier on that one then the others. Also for the water games what you do is like the first game try to win but if not thats ok cause mainly your just trying to get it aimed where you need it to be for the next game. Then have a friend pay for you the next game with your money or theirs (If yours make sure you have already given it to them prior to the first game.) That way your not moving the gun out of place and they hold the buttons down and whn it starts your already aimed at the correct spot so you have an advantage. For Wack A Mole I can hit the Moles every time in a row its not that hard.

The only games I haven't won at is ring toss cause that pretty much by luck and I can do wacky wire if im standing behind the machine when I have worked that but from the other side its harder. I wish I could just go and play all the games and make the videos and play them all for free and not win any actual prizes but thats a no cause they tell you to not let people play for free and even if I asked Don or Brad they would say no cause They probably would really like me making videos showing tips on how to help you win the games lol.

I want to try to make it so it has cool pan or sweep effects with text and graphics and some cool sound effects like the cha ching money sound when I show or say how much it costs, stuff kind of like that.
(12-13-2011, 03:45 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: Ok sounds good and yea one of the guns at Bonanza is fixed so you can just point it all the way forward and its aimed at the right level automatically all you have to do then is aim left or right and that gun is easy to win on it on the left middle side. Also Top Gun the far left gun is the most powerful one and can win alot easier on that one then the others. Also for the water games what you do is like the first game try to win but if not thats ok cause mainly your just trying to get it aimed where you need it to be for the next game. Then have a friend pay for you the next game with your money or theirs (If yours make sure you have already given it to them prior to the first game.) That way your not moving the gun out of place and they hold the buttons down and whn it starts your already aimed at the correct spot so you have an advantage. For Wack A Mole I can hit the Moles every time in a row its not that hard.

The only games I haven't won at is ring toss cause that pretty much by luck and I can do wacky wire if im standing behind the machine when I have worked that but from the other side its harder. I wish I could just go and play all the games and make the videos and play them all for free and not win any actual prizes but thats a no cause they tell you to not let people play for free and even if I asked Don or Brad they would say no cause They probably would really like me making videos showing tips on how to help you win the games lol.

I want to try to make it so it has cool pan or sweep effects with text and graphics and some cool sound effects like the cha ching money sound when I show or say how much it costs, stuff kind of like that.
Brad has Retired. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I have a sweet technique for goblet toss. I don't win all the time but I can explain what I do perfectly, along with aiming points, grip, spin, and where to stand. If you watch my goblet toss video on youtube I slow it down for a replay and you can see how the ball lands at the perfect point and just rolls in. By the way, every time I win it looks just like that.
What are we doing for dinner?