My Disappointing Day At Seven Peaks Salt Lake (Formally Raging Waters)
I cant belive i'm saying this BUT I agree with Sid...what is wrong with me today!!!! lol I do appreciate Lagoon for being open on Sunday and I appreciate all of there employees for coming to work on sundays to wait on me, when I come there on Sundays....I love to go the park on sundays I always have and I WOULD BE PISSED if they were to close on sundays over dang religious reasons.....its not fair for the rest of us who do not agree with a certian religions beliefs that u can not do anything fun on a sunday.....sorry. I also am happy that cowabunga bay is also open on Sundays's it gives me another place i can have fun on a sunday...when Seven Peaks is closed...... GO LAGOON AND COWABUNGA BAY i love u both for bein open sundays. Smile
(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It was more of a Joke! Sheesh! Do you understand sarcasm? Besides, we could only build a "family wave pool" that is under 150,000 gallons, which many would complain about, not to mention that wave pools are the biggest cause of water park drownings.

Oh, it's nice to get to talk to you in here where we have more time, than just up at the top of a slide line like I did last year or 2 years ago when I came to Cowabunga twice. I see, you're that little young guy I talked to up there, aren't ya?

Oh, you were just joking, you say. Sorry I didn't notice the sarcasm you say you were using. Sometimes people notice that, and sometimes we don't. So you were kidding about the supposed "necessity" of the lack of a wave pool in order to be a "neighborhood water park," or you were kidding about the whole idea that they're supposedly a "neighborhood water park" at all? What part were you joking about?

Which would people complain about more: a small wave pool, or no wave pool at all? I would take the small over the nonexistent. Wouldn't most people? Maybe you don't like wave pools yourself, but just for the discussion, would you rather have a small piece of your favorite food, or none at all?

Also, couldn't they expand more into that huge parking lot like Lagoon does somtimes? Even though they don't own the lot, maybe they could buy some of it up to add space for the wave pool (combining the weedy field with some of the parking lot)?

Okay, so since you say the wave pools are the leading drowners of park guests, that is pretty sad. But then... when you go to Seven Peaks or other big water parks like that, you stay clean away from the wave pools then, right?

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Sorry Max, when the manufacturer calls them "inner tubes," they are inner tubes. I've moved around enough boxes of the original Cowabunga "inner-tubes" to know. ;-)

My real name isn't Max. Just my user name is "Maxx."

Haha, okay, so you've seen that ("inner tube") printed on the boxes over there. Well, just as I said, even if the mfr.s or the parks were to call them that doesn't mean they are that. (You can't count this as a grammar correction, because it's not one.) If you can't use it in the kind of a tire that requires inner tubes, it is not an inner tube. So if you were to still not understand and agree with that, I don't understand the resistance there. Besides, isn't just "tube" easier to write anyway?

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Charging tax to "process" your pass is asinine!

Yes, it would be, if they were doing that. But where did I even say they were doing that? Of course there's sales tax on the $60 that Seven Peaks charges for their season admission + tube VIP Pass of all Passes, but that's not a tax for "processing." That's the same kind of tax as the one you guys have to charge for your more expensive, wave-pool-free, season pass.

Nobody has to buy food at either park, though; but I do agree that 7P started to seem kind of stingy when they quit letting people bring their own food in. At least they got smart and lightened up on that stupid "no free water in cups" policy they had for a year (or two?)! That was just getting to be too much! I was the one who suggested that away. I'm glad they took me seriously on that! But then... I wonder how many other people suggested that they get rid of that stupid policy too. Maybe a lot.

Maybe your food is less expensive than 7P's, and maybe you guys are nice enough to still let us bring our own food in (but I don't remember, and I buy food from the park anyway). But how is your food supposedly "better quality" than 7P's? I've seen some salads and sandwiches there that seem to be up in a higher class than just some nachos or cheeseburgers or pizza or hot dogs or fries. So yes, they have that junk food, but then they also have that higher-end stuff. I didn't see any of those high-end sandwiches and salads at your place. Have you added them now (so the same quality as, but not better than 7P)? Where do you get your idea from?

How are we who go to 7P getting double-charged for our tube rentals? We pay once to tack VIP onto our basic pass, and that covers tubes and more for the whole season. Even Raging Waters charged a rental fee for tubes if you wanted to use them in the wave pool (and maybe lazy river). We don't have to pay again for them once we go to pick them up. Where's the double-charge there?

(08-10-2011, 01:29 PM)INCoasters Wrote: I must agree. Usually Maxx seems to be crazy but on this point he is right on the money. Just because they close on Sunday doesn't mean they are forcing their religion on you! Good Grief!

(EDIT: Oh, INCoasters, apparently they think it was supposedly "okay" for you to say that you (falsely) think I seemed "crazy," but for some odd reason, "not okay" for me to say the same about you. What we have here, then, is an unexplained double-standard!)

But anyway, yeah, thanks for agreeing with me on the Sunday point.

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Do you people EVER think about anyone but yourselves?

Really? What kind of "us people" might you be talking about?

So the post offices are closed on Sundays because they wouldn't make enough money to warrant staying open on Sundays, right? Well, then why did they choose Sundays? Why not... Tuesdays? Or Thursdays? That's right; it's because most of the businesses who would use them are also closed on Sundays. So then you have to ask yourself why those other businesses are closed on Sundays. Hmm...!

I know that Chick-fil-A are closed on Sundays because of religious reasons. You're bothered by 7P doing that for religious reasons, thinking they're trying to "force their religion onto you," so you complain about it. Have you written your complaint to Chick-fil-A about that same thing yet, then? If not, then why not?

We weren't ignoring your point, and we weren't being selfish. If you don't share the religious beliefs of someone who wishes to close on Sundays--or even Saturdays (for 7th-day Adventists) for any reason, religious or not, then that's not their problem. They aren't pushing their religion onto you with that. They're simply giving themselves that company-wide rest on that day, and thus, their employees aren't available at that time to run the place.

Religious or not, amusement park attendance isn't a need. Think about it from a budget standpoint. If money were really tight, which kinds of things would you have to eliminate first? From that viewpoint, it's not religious at all. They can fill the need of spending quality family time in other ways when they can't get to an amusement park, regardless of the reasons they can't use those places. Plus, maybe they could go to the water park on another day, like before or after work on their other days--and even most of those people who don't get Saturdays off will have another day of the week off instead. Besides, if they're "barely above poverty," then how do they afford amusement park passes, anyway?

Just out of curiosity: what religion are you from, Linear? (Whatever it is, I won't knock it; I'm just curious, and you can keep that to yourself if you want, of course.)
(08-10-2011, 10:15 PM)Slick Wrote: I can't believe I'm saying this BUT I agree with Sid...what is wrong with me today!!!! lol I do appreciate Lagoon for being open on Sunday and I appreciate all of there employees for coming to work on Sundays to wait on me, when I come there on Sundays....I love to go the park on Sundays I always have and I WOULD BE PISSED if they were to close on Sundays over dang religious reasons.....its not fair for the rest of us who do not agree with a certain religions beliefs that u can not do anything fun on a Sunday.....sorry. I also am happy that cowabunga bay is also open on Sundays it gives me another place i can have fun on a Sunday...when Seven Peaks is closed...... GO LAGOON AND COWABUNGA BAY i love u both for being open Sundays. Smile
I will pass your compliments on to Shane Huish, the Bishop of Cowabunga Bay! Wink Shane, I also hope you are coming to the bay on Tuesday for our Event. Smile

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It was more of a Joke! Sheesh! Do you understand sarcasm? Besides, we could only build a "family wave pool" that is under 150,000 gallons, which many would complain about, not to mention that wave pools are the biggest cause of water park drownings.

Oh, it's nice to get to talk to you in here where we have more time, than just up at the top of a slide line like I did last year or 2 years ago when I came to Cowabunga twice. I see, you're that little young guy I talked to up there, aren't ya?

Oh, you were just joking, you say. Sorry I didn't notice the sarcasm you say you were using. Sometimes people notice that, and sometimes we don't. So you were kidding about the supposed "necessity" of the lack of a wave pool in order to be a "neighborhood water park," or you were kidding about the whole idea that they're supposedly a "neighborhood water park" at all? What part were you joking about?
Sorry, not a Ride Attendant! Everyone else on this Forum is getting a Laugh about that. As for the Wave Pool, it's not going to happen. Obviously you haven't worked with the General Public, and that's ok, I'll explain how things work. Some Guests Complain about EVERYTHING! I'm guessing you are one of those Folks.

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: Which would people complain about more: a small wave pool, or no wave pool at all? I would take the small over the nonexistent. Wouldn't most people? Maybe you don't like wave pools yourself, but just for the discussion, would you rather have a small piece of your favorite food, or none at all?

Also, couldn't they expand more into that huge parking lot like Lagoon does somtimes? Even though they don't own the lot, maybe they could buy some of it up to add space for the wave pool (combining the weedy field with some of the parking lot)?

Okay, so since you say the wave pools are the leading drowners of park guests, that is pretty sad. But then... when you go to Seven Peaks or other big water parks like that, you stay clean away from the wave pools then, right?
I don't trust the water quality (or lack thereof) at either Seven Peaks, so I would avoid ALL of their Water. Wink Again, Cowabunga Bay does NOT own the Parking Lot. We also don't intend to be a GIANT Water Park with a 200,000+ Gallon Wave Pool.

I'll be fair here and share a little info. Shane has described what a "Neighborhood" Water Park is in several News Papers, News Channels, and Trade Publications. A Neighborhood Water Park, like Cowabunga Bay, is designed for a 3-4 Hour Experience where you can go on a whim. It is Compact by design to Maximize the Guest Experience.

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Sorry Max, when the manufacturer calls them "inner tubes," they are inner tubes. I've moved around enough boxes of the original Cowabunga "inner-tubes" to know. ;-)

My real name isn't Max. Just my user name is "Maxx."

Haha, okay, so you've seen that ("inner tube") printed on the boxes over there. Well, just as I said, even if the mfr.s or the parks were to call them that doesn't mean they are that. (You can't count this as a grammar correction, because it's not one.) If you can't use it in the kind of a tire that requires inner tubes, it is not an inner tube. So if you were to still not understand and agree with that, I don't understand the resistance there. Besides, isn't just "tube" easier to write anyway?
I can't believe you are still arguing this! Laugh

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Charging tax to "process" your pass is asinine!

Yes, it would be, if they were doing that. But where did I even say they were doing that? Of course there's sales tax on the $60 that Seven Peaks charges for their season admission + tube VIP Pass of all Passes, but that's not a tax for "processing." That's the same kind of tax as the one you guys have to charge for your more expensive, wave-pool-free, season pass.
I was referring to their Mass Marketed "Online" Pass of All Passes Deals.

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: Nobody has to buy food at either park, though; but I do agree that 7P started to seem kind of stingy when they quit letting people bring their own food in. At least they got smart and lightened up on that stupid "no free water in cups" policy they had for a year (or two?)! That was just getting to be too much! I was the one who suggested that away. I'm glad they took me seriously on that! But then... I wonder how many other people suggested that they get rid of that stupid policy too. Maybe a lot.
They were Charging for WATER? Seriously?

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: Maybe your food is less expensive than 7P's, and maybe you guys are nice enough to still let us bring our own food in (but I don't remember, and I buy food from the park anyway). But how is your food supposedly "better quality" than 7P's? I've seen some salads and sandwiches there that seem to be up in a higher class than just some nachos or cheeseburgers or pizza or hot dogs or fries. So yes, they have that junk food, but then they also have that higher-end stuff. I didn't see any of those high-end sandwiches and salads at your place. Have you added them now (so the same quality as, but not better than 7P)? Where do you get your idea from?
At Cowabunga Bay, we do not permit outside food or drinks, besides water, which is a Cleanliness Issue. Since Day One, Cowabunga Bay has Featured the Rocky Mountain Turkey Club (Panini), Chipolte Chicken Wrap, Chicken Caesar Wrap, Garden Salad, and Chicken Caesar Salad. Unlike Seven Peaks, our Food is Prepared Fresh to Order as well.

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: How are we who go to 7P getting double-charged for our tube rentals? We pay once to tack VIP onto our basic pass, and that covers tubes and more for the whole season. Even Raging Waters charged a rental fee for tubes if you wanted to use them in the wave pool (and maybe lazy river). We don't have to pay again for them once we go to pick them up. Where's the double-charge there?
Tubes are paid for by the Profits the Park Makes. They then charge you AGAIN to Rent a Tube. That is Charging you TWICE!

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Do you people EVER think about anyone but yourselves?

Really? What kind of "us people" might you be talking about?
I will address this below.

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: So the post offices are closed on Sundays because they wouldn't make enough money to warrant staying open on Sundays, right? Well, then why did they choose Sundays? Why not... Tuesdays? Or Thursdays? That's right; it's because most of the businesses who would use them are also closed on Sundays. So then you have to ask yourself why those other businesses are closed on Sundays. Hmm...!

I know that Chick-fil-A are closed on Sundays because of religious reasons. You're bothered by 7P doing that for religious reasons, thinking they're trying to "force their religion onto you," so you complain about it. Have you written your complaint to Chick-fil-A about that same thing yet, then? If not, then why not?
Wow, just Wow!

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: We weren't ignoring your point, and we weren't being selfish. If you don't share the religious beliefs of someone who wishes to close on Sundays--or even Saturdays (for 7th-day Adventists) for any reason, religious or not, then that's not their problem. They aren't pushing their religion onto you with that. They're simply giving themselves that company-wide rest on that day, and thus, their employees aren't available at that time to run the place.

Religious or not, amusement park attendance isn't a need. Think about it from a budget standpoint. If money were really tight, which kinds of things would you have to eliminate first? From that viewpoint, it's not religious at all. They can fill the need of spending quality family time in other ways when they can't get to an amusement park, regardless of the reasons they can't use those places. Plus, maybe they could go to the water park on another day, like before or after work on their other days--and even most of those people who don't get Saturdays off will have another day of the week off instead. Besides, if they're "barely above poverty," then how do they afford amusement park passes, anyway?
Lets just be honest here, you just don't like Brown People! Not ONCE have you ever addressed those who are the "Working Class," AKA "Brown People!" You Disgust Me! It's Ok to be Closed on Sunday because the Brown People can't get in, Right?

(08-10-2011, 11:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: Just out of curiosity: what religion are you from, Linear? (Whatever it is, I won't knock it; I'm just curious, and you can keep that to yourself if you want, of course.)
I'm LDS and actually have compassion for my fellow Human Beings who deserve the same Consideration I do, even on Sundays!!!
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-11-2011, 01:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I will pass your compliments on to Shane Huish, the bishop of Cowabunga Bay!

Haha, the "bishop of Cowabunga Bay"! That's funny! Happy

(08-11-2011, 01:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Sorry, not a ride attendant! Everyone else on this forum is getting a laugh about that. As for a wave pool, it's not going to happen. Obviously you haven't worked with the general public, and that's okay. I'll explain how things work. Some guests complain about EVERYTHING! I'm guessing you are one of those folks.

Really? “Everyone” on this board (or at least in this forum on it, or at least in this thread) is supposedly “getting a laugh” about that? How do you figure you know who’s getting a laugh about what? Plus, what might be supposedly so “funny” about my thought that you could have been one of the guys from your park who was talking to me about the supposed “high drowning rate” of wave pools

Umm... this is one of those places where you didn't pay very good attention to what I wrote, obviously. No, you should know that I am not one of those folks, because if I were, then I wouldn't suggest that there might be less complaints about having a small wave pool than having no wave pool. I would not complain about having even a small wave pool, because I was one of the people who'd request that they have a wave pool! Think about how much nonsense it would be for someone who had gotten a request like that to then complain that it came! Well, I might say to myself or a friend, "Hmm, too bad it's not a little bit bigger, but then... hey, at least they have one now, and this is better than when they didn't even have one!"

Okay, but you think there are some people who complain about everything. That might be true. But then... which complaints would you get more of: that your wave pool, if you were to have one, was too small, or that you have no wave pool? Why would more people who were grateful that you even had one if you got one complain that it was too small? Which complaint would be a worse one to get: about having a small form of something, or about not having that thing to enjoy at all? Seems to me like it would be more irritating to get whined at for not having a certain thing at all.

(08-11-2011, 01:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I don't trust the water quality (or lack thereof) at either Seven Peaks, so I would avoid ALL of their water. Wink Again, Cowabunga Bay does NOT own the parking lot. We also don't intend to be a GIANT water park with a 200,000+ Gallon Wave Pool.

Haha, okay, so you just stay away from Seven Peaks period. Well then, why even be bothered by if they close on Sundays?

Only 200000 gallons for Seven Peaks' wave pools? Even though those water parks aren't exactly GIANT (for that size, think <a href ="http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/">Schlitterbahn</a>, etc.), their wave pools actually have 400000 and half a million gallons.

Yes, I know C. Bay doesn't own the parking lot. Maybe you'll be able to find the place up above where I acknowledged that fact. This is why I asked about them buying some of it up to combine with the field area they already own and build a wave pool (even if it were a little small--but small is better than nothing).

(08-11-2011, 01:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'll be fair here and share a little info. Shane has described what a "neighborhood" water park is in several news papers, news channels, and trade publications. A neighborhood water park, like Cowabunga Bay, is designed for a 3-4-hour experience where you can go on a whim. It is compact by design to maximize the guest experience.

Um, you know, I'm still not understanding this awkward logic. Okay, great... so you can go there on a whim. So what? You can go to either Seven Peaks on a whim, too. Locals of Wet n' Wild and Schlitterbahn, etc. could go there on a whim, too. Even if it could take more than 3-4 hours to get to all that stuff at those bigger places doesn't mean you couldn't just go there for those few hours and get to a few things anyway, still just on a whim. So what does being compact have to do with "being able to go there on a whim"?

And I can understand how being compact by design, cutting down on the walking, could somewhat maximize the guest experience a little bit, anyway. But how can not having as much stuff (such as a wave pool) be one of the things that should supposedly "maximize the guest experience"?

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I can't believe you are still arguing this!

I can't believe you think I shouldn't have responded to that again. I can't believe you think you must refuse--apparently just based on your own brand of unnecessarily selfish stubbornness despite fact--to take the fact seriously. What part of "can't be used in a tire, despite what the manufacturers call them" don't you understand?

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I was referring to their mass-marketed online Pass of All Passes deals.

Yeah! So was I! They have one place with the higher prices and one place with the lower, reasonable prices. That's confusing! As for this "tax just for processing," if you could show me what you mean, that'd be interesting to see. I'd have to go hunting for it.

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: They were Charging for (drinking) WATER? Seriously?

Yep, that one year they were (at least except for what we could get from the fountains, hoses and sinks, which water of course wasn't always cold like it would normally be if they gave us a cup and put ice in it)! And it wasn't just 25 or 50 cents or so just for the cup! If you wanted water--even just in the ice form--from the food department, you had to buy a bottle or pay for the price of a pop or other non-water drink!

Even though I've always liked them since they had their way-low price on season admission passes (originally just the "Early Bird" discount), that was the year that they had sunk to a new low with the stupid policies they were trying! That was the year that my that my thought that they had a nice feeling floating around there stopped.

Amazingly and thankfully that one didn't last long! I still like them for their low-priced admission/tube-rental combo. The nice feeling is coming back to me now. But yeah, that year with the only free drinking water coming from the fountains, hoses, and sinks, was their worst. That was the stupidest policy they've ever had! Well, even if they had allowed us to just buy a cup for like 25 cents or something like that, it wouldn't have been that bad. But that year, they wouldn't even do that! Sheesh! Let's see... that was about 2007 or 2008 or so. (I don't think it was like that for longer than one season, but I don't remember perfectly.)

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: At Cowabunga Bay, we do not permit outside food or drinks, besides water, which is a cleanliness issue. Since day one, Cowabunga Bay has featured the rocky mountain turkey club sandwich (panini), chipotle chicken wrap, chicken Caesar wrap, garden salad, and chicken caesar salad. Unlike Seven Peaks, our food is prepared fresh to order as well.

Haha, I just "love" those little "excuses" that both of you parks use as "good reasons" not to let us bring our own food in like Lagoon does. "It's a liability issue." "It's a cleanliness issue." How would your food, if spilled, "make less mess" to clean up than our food brought in might?

Yeah, it sounds like you do have some higher-end stuff there. Maybe that's a few more higher-end things than Seven Peaks has, but it sounds like 7P has some that matches the quality of yours that you listed. I guess the quality of that is subjective, though. As I recall, we could still also buy just some basic burgers and hot dogs and pizza and things like that. Your pizza is pretty good, if I remember right!

Well, anyway, this wasn't really meant to grow into a "Which is better: Cowabunga Bay or Seven Peaks?" war.

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Tubes are paid for by the profits the park makes. They then charge you AGAIN to rent a tube. That is charging you TWICE!

Okay, so they replace popped tubes by those "profits" (as you call them, but which money actually isn't profits until they've gone past park operating costs, including repairing/replacing broken things), right? So yeah, maybe they're making more money on us over just our admission by charging us rent for the tubes, which I'm glad you guys don't do to us when we want to use your lazy river, but it's still not exactly the same as really just double-charging us. Same thing with the lockers. Doesn't fixing those get covered by our admission fares? But then that doesn't mean they're really "double-charging us" by only allowing us the privilege of using them if we pay them a little extra money.

However, I agree with you in that it might make sense for tubes not to have to be rented for everything we'd want a tube for, as was always the case with Raging Waters and even used to be the case with 7P. After all, they don't make us rent the sleds to ride that new ride, Avalanche, which they put in this year down in Provo, or those same sleds we use on the roller-coaster slides in Salt Lake. (But who knows? Maybe it's just a matter of time before they do, right? Plehh!)

(As a response to my question about why the post offices and banks also chose to close on Sundays, instead of another days--because many businesses who use them close on Sundays too--and why those businesses close on Sundays, thenSmile

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Wow, just wow!

Really? What's so "just wow" about that? Why do you not take that seriously? No, give it some real thought. The POs (and maybe also banks) close on Sundays probably because of the reason you've already explained. Right? Okay, but that's because most of the businesses that use them close on Sundays, too. Right? Well, why do you think so many of those other businesses have chosen that same day to close? Regardless of their reasons, wouldn't that be a little incompassionate of them?

No, seriously, Sidney. Not "wow." You think Seven Peaks "forces their religion" onto people just by closing on Sundays. Does Chick-fil-A "force the Baptist religion" onto people by being closed on Sundays, then? And if you were to complain to 7P for that, then wouldn't you complain to Chick-fil-A, too, for the same reason (let's just assume you liked their food, for the sake of this discussion)?

(08-10-2011, 04:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lets just be honest here, you just don't like brown people! Not ONCE have you ever addressed those who are the "working class," AKA "brown people"! You disgust me! It's okay to be closed on Sunday because the brown people can't get in, right?

Oh, geeze, Sid. I hope you're joking with me on that. Please tell me you are, right there! (Well, I've never heard of "brown people" meaning "working class." I've always understood "brown people" to be Blacks, non-European Hispanics/Latinos, Polynesians/Pacific Islanders, some middle-Eastern and southeast Asians, and non-Caucasian Brazilians (and if you really want to get technical, even those well-tanned Whites). But anyway, that's another whole discussion that doesn't matter here.

No, I'm a member of that same class as you are. And if we can't get in to use the park on a given day, then it isn't open for a member of any class of people to use on that day (with the exceptions of private parties). So no, even if someone did have something against the working class getting in, that plays no role here. In fact, actually, you haven't paid very good attention to something I wrote before. The working class you're talking about includes employees of the parks themselves! They should get a break, too, shouldn't they? Well, nothing's wrong with a policy that a place has that allows them all to have one day off that's the same day together, even if the reason for that day of break was decided upon in order to give those employees who like to have it as the day to get the rest on that day, that their religion has suggested for them.

[quote='linearinduction' pid='46395' dateline='1313014255']
I'm LDS and actually have compassion for my fellow human beings who deserve the same consideration I do, even on Sundays!!!

Haha, again with that "compassion" thing. Since when is that a form of compassion, anyway? Compassion would be more like letting those who don't want to buy your food still bring in their own. Compassion is what you do with your parking lot by not charging people to park there (and you can't anyway because you don't own it--but you could build a wave pool over some of it if you did). You want there to be more compassion? How about the compassion a park that closes on Sundays could have for their employees by letting everybody, including you as one of their employees (and including management), always have the typical day of Sabbath observance off, so that those of you employees who might prefer that can always have it (instead of having to rotate)? Now that would be some nice compassion! Wouldn't you think so?
^ Is anyone else not seeing the text in Maxx's post? I think he officially wrote a post too long for the system to handle because I can see the text of his post when I edit his post, but I don't see anything showing up normally. Confused

Oh well, I will leave it like that and let Maxx edit the post when he is on next to try and shrink it down. I would even suggest splitting that one into two unless others are seeing the post and it just doesn't like me. Happy
(08-14-2011, 11:18 AM)Velcro Wrote: ^ Is anyone else not seeing the text in Maxx's post? I think he officially wrote a post too long for the system to handle because I can see the text of his post when I edit his post, but I don't see anything showing up normally. Confused

Oh well, I will leave it like that and let Maxx edit the post when he is on next to try and shrink it down. I would even suggest splitting that one into two unless others are seeing the post and it just doesn't like me. Happy
I don't see it either, but it is a Laugh and a Half! Happy

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Maybe the forum is sick and tired of his constant arguing that it has decided to censor him on its own.
(08-14-2011, 06:10 PM)Velcro Wrote: Maybe the forum is sick and tired of his constant arguing that it has decided to censor him on its own.

Not arguing any more than the person talking with me. I'll try to split it in a bit...
(08-15-2011, 12:21 AM)Maxx_Fordham Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 06:10 PM)Velcro Wrote: Maybe the forum is sick and tired of his constant arguing that it has decided to censor him on its own.

Not arguing any more than the person talking with me. I'll try to split it in a bit...
I prefer Debating to Arguing Myself. Wink

I prefer arguing with myself because it means I win ... and lose, but I try not to think about the latter result.