My Disappointing Day At Seven Peaks Salt Lake (Formally Raging Waters)
I was here at Seven Peaks Salt Lake (Formally Raging Waters) on June 26,2011.

I was excited to go but then found it to be a huge disappointment since Seven Peaks bought it in March of 2011.

First off as we entered the parking lot they now charge 5 bucks for parking when Raging Waters NEVER charged for parking which is ridiculous & that the parking lot is so small anyways. I know alot of other people were mad and disappointed about this too cause there were alot of cars parking out on the street and acrossed the street at the Playground Park.

Next we had to wait in line just to get into the park cause of checking bags and stuff & only one person scanning tickets and passes The first 10 minutes the line didn't even move then it slowly started to move & even if you had already been in the park earlier & ran out to your car or something there is no re entry gate so you had to wait in line again. Speaking of checking bags since its now owned by Seven Peaks you can no longer bring in your own food which Raging Waters ALWAYS let you as long as you had no glass containers.

After we scanned our pass cause we have the Utah county pass of all passes thats good for Seven Peaks Provo, Seven Peaks Salt Lake, & Both Trafalga's. We went in. Also The Utah County pass doesn't include VIP its basic membership so on top of that there is another fee if you want unlimited tube rentals on your year pass. Also since Seven Peaks Provo & Seven Peaks Salt Lake are on 2 different databases you can't just purchase the unlimited tubes for both parks for one fee. You have to pay the fee twice! That is 20 bucks for that there is a unlimited tube and parking for for 40 bucks and once again for the parking each park is on 2 different databases so you have to pay that for each place which would be 80 bucks!

Once we got in they only had about 50 or so lockers so they were sold out. They said they were ordering more but they should be doing something about that before hand for people that want to secure items. Cause I wasn't going to leave my iPhone 4 out for someone to steal.

We then got are tube but we had to wait in yet another line and all the employees were chatting with each other rather then helping people pay for tubes & to get there tubes to make the line move quicker.

Now since Seven Peaks Bought Raging Waters the tube prices are jacked up and expensive. They also no longer have the free tubs for the lazy river and at the bottom of the slides. Raging waters had FREE tubes for the lazy river & there were some tubes at the bottom of the slides you could use for FREE. If there was none available you just wait til some comes down.

In the kiddy area they removed the giant floating dinosaur and the floating pads you go across are no longer the small bones and stuff. There these huge looks thing not sure what it is but it makes it no challenge now. Over to the side of the kiddy area they had what was called white lightning and blue thunder. Blue thunder is still the same but as for white lightning they took out the 2 coasters elements like lightning falls has and just removed those sections of the slide and just put straight pieces which is not thrilling now and there is NEVER a line cause people preferr the otherone. They are not called white lightning and blue thunder anymore. All the slides have been renamed. The only plus to it changing is that they colored the slids instead of having them the tan colors.

Next I went to check out the wave pool cause when Raging Waters owned the place they waves were much nicer and bigger then Seven Peaks. To my disappointment Seven Peaks has tammed down the waves and are worse then at Seven Peaks Provo. They dont really even make a wake anymore its just water bouncing around. hey also covered over the BIG Raging Waters sign up on the wall and says Seven Peaks & Next to it says Tidal Beach.

I wanted to go ride the boat racing slide but was open earlier but was closed for some reason. Ill just have to go back another time.

I also noticed that the entrance of the map had the Raging Waters Logo still on it and all the old names of the slides were still on it. There was also alot of construction. The actual food stand was closed for construction and they just had tents setup over in the corner.

I also noticed alot of placed where water had build up on the paths and was very dirty water and the park itself wasn't that clean at all too & lots of the sidewalks had very ruff spots and hurt your feel.

Also since Seven Peaks bought Raging Waters they are no longer open on Sundays & with the short summer season they should be open everyday.

At the end of the day I was truly disappointed in all the changes made at the park from what it use to be last year and previous year as Raging Waters and looking forward to going. If I hadn't gotten a season pass I would of surly demanded a refund and not came back for the season and would gladly take my business elsewhere such as Cowabunga Bay over this. I truly was very VERY pleased at Cowabunga Bay & the service. But since I did buy a pass I will have to go back and get some use out of it. Pluse there was the boat race slides that I didn't get a POV of & I live so close too.

One good thing is the pass is good for a whole year from when you bought it and during the winter can go to Trafalga too but thats it.
It's one thing to add a parking fee, but $5.00?! A buck or two at the most would make more sense.
Sad to hear how bad it is now. I remember going as a little kid and had a blast. A few of my favorite things about the park was those bones that are now removed, the cliff slides that just drop off (don't know what they are called; never bothered to remember them,) and mostly the rope that you swung off of. That rope me and my sis spent hours on! Do you know if they still have that rope?
This is horrible news. I was just talking to someone about Raging Waters Salt Lake and how they didn't charge an arm and a leg for everything. My friend was shocked when I told him that you didn't have to pay for tube rentals, parking, or soft drinks.

I am most sad about the blue thunder and white lightning. Those were by far my favorite rides in the park. Sad to hear that they were altered.

Is there anything new this year?

Steel: Maverick - Cedar Point
Wood: The Voyage - Holiday World
Deathbyillusion, have you thought about writing Seven Peaks to express your disappointments in the changes and your recent experience?
(06-26-2011, 11:38 PM)Velcro Wrote: Deathbyillusion, have you thought about writing Seven Peaks to express your disappointments in the changes and your recent experience?
Will, just so you know, many people have complained to them, and Seven Peaks does not care. People are absolutely LIVID about Raging Waters (Seven Peaks Salt Lake). I hear complaints all day at Cowabunga Bay about people's terrible experiences at Seven Peaks Salt Lake. People are also starting to discover that this "Pass of All Passes" was just a ploy to get people in the door, just to nickel and dime them to death! Cowabunga Bay always has and always will be about our Guest's having a Great Experience. One More Reason to Visit Cowabunga Bay, where Parking, Life Vests, and Inner-Tubes are ALWAYS Free! Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-27-2011, 03:14 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(06-26-2011, 11:38 PM)Velcro Wrote: Deathbyillusion, have you thought about writing Seven Peaks to express your disappointments in the changes and your recent experience?
Will, just so you know, many people have complained to them, and Seven Peaks does not care. People are absolutely LIVID about Raging Waters (Seven Peaks Salt Lake). I hear complaints all day at Cowabunga Bay about people's terrible experiences at Seven Peaks Salt Lake. People are also starting to discover that this "Pass of All Passes" was just a ploy to get people in the door, just to nickel and dime them to death! Cowabunga Bay always has and always will be about our Guest's having a Great Experience. One More Reason to Visit Cowabunga Bay, where Parking, Life Vests, and Inner-Tubes are ALWAYS Free! Smile

Yes EXACTLY I even posted that its not good on the facebook page for Seven Peaks cause people complained that they were closed Sundays. and you will be amazed of the "Likes" I have received on my comment. I even referred A lady with there family and kids to go to Cowabunga Bay instead cause they would like it alot better.. Then then commented back later the next day and said Wow Thanks Spencer I had a blast and was amazed how clean it was.

Also its worse at Seven Peaks Salt Lake cause they only have Shot Gun Falls as a body slide all the rest besides the mat coaster slide are all tube slides. So your basically forced to buy a tube if you want to ride the slides. At least at Seven Peaks Provo they have body slides.
I would still write a formal complaint letter and mail it to Seven Peaks even if they don't care as Sid has stated. Outline the issues you had, and let them know you plan not to return and you plan to promote Cowabunga Bay over their park to all your friends and family. I would then encourage anyone else who has had a bad experience to do the same. Complaining on Facebook on their page isn't as effective. Maybe if the owners of Seven Peaks get enough complaints they will start to care. As someone who has worked as a manager in the past, I can't imagine that every person in upper management would ignore something like that, especially if they want to stay in business.
(06-28-2011, 09:50 AM)Velcro Wrote: I would still write a formal complaint letter and mail it to Seven Peaks even if they don't care as Sid has stated. Outline the issues you had, and let them know you plan not to return and you plan to promote Cowabunga Bay over their park to all your friends and family. I would then encourage anyone else who has had a bad experience to do the same. Complaining on Facebook on their page isn't as effective. Maybe if the owners of Seven Peaks get enough complaints they will start to care. As someone who has worked as a manager in the past, I can't imagine that every person in upper management would ignore something like that, especially if they want to stay in business.
I know for a fact that a Complaint Letter will fall upon deaf ears, as they routinely ignore customer complaints, don't reply to letters, and several organizations involved with the "Pass of All Passes" are extremely unhappy with Seven Peaks.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'd still send it and then turn to other outlets like letters to the editor in newspapers, social networks, and other online resources. If Seven Peaks is this bad, then I think people need to know and people need to quit giving the company business.