Spider Discussion Thread
(03-19-2011, 02:16 PM)Wheek Byrd Wrote:
(03-19-2011, 01:17 PM)Whipped Pickle Wrote: The most I'm scared for is probably Wicked and Colosusus. Shocked
[quote='Wheek Byrd' pid='43033' dateline='1300559943']

Oops, I thought you said you "weren't" going to go on those two, that's why I asked about Colossus. Rolleyes

What do you mean "be ready" for Colossus? Wouldn't it be the other way around? You go on Colossus first and "be ready" for Wicked? Trust me, I've been on both of them quite a few times, and Wicked is MUCH scarier than Colossus. To tell you the truth, I find Spider more scary than Colossus.

Well to me I'm scared of Colossus more because It has so many G's! *Sigh* I'm kinda weird... Tongue
(03-19-2011, 12:39 PM)Wheek Byrd Wrote: What do you mean "be ready" for Colossus? Wouldn't it be the other way around? You go on Colossus first and "be ready" for Wicked? Trust me, I've been on both of them quite a few times, and Wicked is MUCH scarier than Colossus. To tell you the truth, I find Spider more scary than Colossus.

I will agree, Spider is definitely more scary than Colossus. The only thing that makes Colossus any bit scary is the G's. And honestly, it's not THAT bad. You get through the loops faster than you can imagine, in fact, you'll be done with the ride before you know it. I doubt you will black out Whipped Pickle, so don't even think about it. I'm sure your muscles will be so tense from riding it first time, that you'll do your body a favor and keep consciousness through the loops.

There really is no ride at Lagoon you should be afraid of. They are all just "rides". It's not like you'll never come back, or be permanently altered. In fact, you'll actually come off happier than before you get on! Your fear will dissolve and you will have fun at the same time. So don't worry, just get in line and don't look back!
(03-19-2011, 02:36 PM)Twisted Red Wrote: I will agree, Spider is definitely more scary than Colossus. The only thing that makes Colossus any bit scary is the G's. And honestly, it's not THAT bad. You get through the loops faster than you can imagine, in fact, you'll be done with the ride before you know it. I doubt you will black out Whipped Pickle, so don't even think about it. I'm sure your muscles will be so tense from riding it first time, that you'll do your body a favor and keep consciousness through the loops.

There really is no ride at Lagoon you should be afraid of. They are all just "rides". It's not like you'll never come back, or be permanently altered. In fact, you'll actually come off happier than before you get on! Your fear will dissolve and you will have fun at the same time. So don't worry, just get in line and don't look back!

I guess I could suck up my fear and go on Colossus. After Wicked though, I might be less scared! Hmmm, I think I could go on it.... I WILL go on it.... hopefully. I like to chicken out but even if I'm REALLY scared I will make myself walk on and ride it! Wink

That is brilliant advice! I hope Whipped Pickle will have the courage to go on all the coasters now.
(03-17-2011, 04:13 PM)Whipped Pickle Wrote: Every time we go to lagoon I chicken out on Spider because I think I'm gonna get sick. I have a really weak stomach but some people say that Spider doesn't make you sick even if you do have a weak stomach. It really looks fun! Could several people please answer my question before I go the day it opens this year. Thanks! Happy

How could anyone say that the motion sickness isn't that bad on the Spider if they don't have motion sickness? It is interesting that my Grandma can not go on nearly ANY of the new rides unless they are VERY mild, but she can still go on the White Roller Coaster because she is familiar with it. When you go on the Spider for the first time it might be very exciting, (or scary,) but either way, the second time is always lamer.
I do have motion sickness though! I just forgot to mention that.... well I sometimes have motion sickness like in cars! Tongue Car sickness..... bleh.
Question 
(03-17-2011, 06:13 PM)..../.. Wrote: No, even my super motion sickness friends get more sick on samuari. SO NO YOU DONT GET SICK.

Ya I get sick on tidal wave but not spider or samurai. they're just too fun to get sick on i guess
Exclamation 
Looks like you can no longer ride on Spider unless you have someone to ride with. Deathbyillusion posted a pic of a new sign on the fence of the Spider reading "Sorry, No Single Riders." Here is the image:

I've added this information to our Spider page, but I wanted to make a special post to bring this added rule to everyone's attention.
I noticed that today! I was in a group of three and they would't let us go because we were a odd number. Why did they make this rule? Does anybody know?
If no one knows the reason for the rule, I'll contact Lagoon and see if I can get an answer for you. Concerning your group of three, did they not try to group you up with a single rider?