Spider Discussion Thread
Every time we go to lagoon I chicken out on Spider because I think I'm gonna get sick. I have a really weak stomach but some people say that Spider doesn't make you sick even if you do have a weak stomach. It really looks fun! Could several people please answer my question before I go the day it opens this year. Thanks! Happy
No, even my super motion sickness friends get more sick on samuari. SO NO YOU DONT GET SICK.
Lagoon is ruled by lunchtimespacedragons of farming utahn's from the late 1800's.
My rule is: if it looks like it could make you sick, it will probably make you sick. Wink

Take a half tablet of Dramamine. It makes you a bit drowsy, but it prevents you from getting motion sickness (and reduces its effects if you already are sick).
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
I have actually been on Spider a few times and it doesn't make me sick the slightest.

I remember when I first went on it. I have never been more scarred in my life! I'm not sure why I was so scared, but it may have been because of the spinning cars! I'm not sure, but I remember telling my friends I couldn't go on it because I would get very sick. The sad thing is, the just left me on the bench...

I finally went on it later in the day, and I had an awesome time! I thought, "Why did I think that would make me sick?" Because I felt great after I rode! So I rode it quite a few more times, and never even started getting queasy.

I think when someone is scarred of something, they will try to make every excuse in the book. If it spins, they'll say it will make them sick. If its tall, they will say they will panic because of heights. If it has lots of G's, they will say they might black out. It seems every ride has it's own set of excuses, but it's just your brain trying to make you stay off it, so you will feel "safe". But you just have to push past that, and DO IT!

Good luck Whipped Pickle, I hope you report on your ride!
(03-18-2011, 10:20 PM)Wheek Byrd Wrote: I have actually been on Spider a few times and it doesn't make me sick the slightest.

I remember when I first went on it. I have never been more scarred in my life! I'm not sure why I was so scared, but it may have been because of the spinning cars! I'm not sure, but I remember telling my friends I couldn't go on it because I would get very sick. The sad thing is, the just left me on the bench...

I finally went on it later in the day, and I had an awesome time! I thought, "Why did I think that would make me sick?" Because I felt great after I rode! So I rode it quite a few more times, and never even started getting queasy.

I think when someone is scarred of something, they will try to make every excuse in the book. If it spins, they'll say it will make them sick. If its tall, they will say they will panic because of heights. If it has lots of G's, they will say they might black out. It seems every ride has it's own set of excuses, but it's just your brain trying to make you stay off it, so you will feel "safe". But you just have to push past that, and DO IT!

Good luck Whipped Pickle, I hope you report on your ride!

Thanks so much Wheek Byrd! This made me much more confident... I'll be sure to go on it the first day it opens this year and then I'll report what happened! I'm sure it will be fun! Happy
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

Maybe if you have the courage to go on Spider, you will go on some bigger rides later. Maybe stuff like Colossus, Wicked, White Rollercoaster, and Rocket. I think it would be pretty cool if you reported back and you went on ALL of them! But if you just go on Spider, consider that an achievement!
I already been on White Roller Coaster but not the others. I really want to go on all of those big rides so the very first ride I'm going to go on will be Wicked! Laugh I'm excited! Then I'll go to Spider, Colossus, Bombora, Jet Star 2, then Rocket! The most I'm scared for is probably Wicked and Colosusus. Shocked
(03-19-2011, 12:39 PM)Wheek Byrd Wrote: You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

Maybe if you have the courage to go on Spider, you will go on some bigger rides later. Maybe stuff like Colossus, Wicked, White Rollercoaster, and Rocket. I think it would be pretty cool if you reported back and you went on ALL of them! But if you just go on Spider, consider that an achievement!

Are you not going on Colossus?
(03-19-2011, 01:28 PM)Wheek Byrd Wrote: Are you not going on Colossus?

I don't know... I might. I'm going to make my self go on Wicked because it looks amazing! Maybe after I go on that I will feel ready for colossus... Unsure
Tongue 
(03-19-2011, 01:17 PM)Whipped Pickle Wrote: The most I'm scared for is probably Wicked and Colosusus. Shocked
[quote='Wheek Byrd' pid='43033' dateline='1300559943']

Oops, I thought you said you "weren't" going to go on those two, that's why I asked about Colossus. Rolleyes

What do you mean "be ready" for Colossus? Wouldn't it be the other way around? You go on Colossus first and "be ready" for Wicked? Trust me, I've been on both of them quite a few times, and Wicked is MUCH scarier than Colossus. To tell you the truth, I find Spider more scary than Colossus.