Old Game Glass Pitch
(04-03-2015, 12:47 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: It was called "Dime Toss" and it was in the spot Speedway Sr. mentioned. The building was circular, and you could toss dimes from any angle. Obviously, you used dimes, not quarters. There were things like ashtrays and cups around the outside, and if you got it in one of those you actually won the ashtray or the cup. There were special plates/whatever towards the center that would give other prizes if you landed on them. Ashtrays and cups are way easier to land than plates. I won a stack of generic brown ashtrays as a kid, which I gave my dad (who smoked at that time). We also won some milk-white goblet style glasses with the Coca-Cola logo on them, and some other glasses.

You mean Lagoon used to have prizes other than stuffed animals!?  Shocked  Sarcasm
I actually have an ashtray from the Dime Toss game, but I didn't win it. A guest chucked it out of the car inside Dracula's Castle when I was working the ride, and I kept it after picking it up. Been using it as a place to toss my loose change in for years.
Can you take a picture? I don't think I've ever seen one.
[Image: OotmsKP.jpg]
Thanks Will. Yeah, they definitely don't have prizes like that anymore. Kind of an odd prize, really.
I have Several Ash Trays, Glasses, etc. We used to hit Skeeball South and Dime Toss on the way out of the park every Saturday in 1997. Smile
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
You could get random mirrors also; I remember coming home with a playboy mirror when I was young and my mom was not happy about it.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(04-03-2015, 08:19 PM)Willenator Wrote: [Image: OotmsKP.jpg]

Oooooohhhh!! It looks purdy! You could use it for a candy dish too!  Rolleyes

(04-04-2015, 04:33 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I have Several Ash Trays, Glasses, etc. We used to hit Skeeball South and Dime Toss on the way out of the park every Saturday in 1997. Smile

better than stuff animals  Unsure

(04-05-2015, 12:06 AM)skwid Wrote: You could get random mirrors also; I remember coming home with a playboy mirror when I was young and my mom was not happy about it.

LOL, I'll bet she was mad!  Laugh