The Utah Fun Dome (49th Street Galleria) Discussion Thread
(02-13-2010, 08:52 AM)slick1 Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 03:47 PM)Brad-n Wrote: Ah yes. I remember the days of the 49th Street Galleria. Actually, that was the only time I ever went there, and I was about 6 at the time. I just remember tons of people and a motion simulator and thinking I could easily get lost.
What year was the 49th Street Galleria opened, and was it a private owner that owned and ran the place??? What happened to most of the games also, I've always wondered that I'm a huge Spy Hunter fan and I knwo back in the day they had quite a few of them
The 49th Street Galleria opened in 1983. Here's a very interesting blog entry I found from a former employee: It Will Always Be The Galleria To Me
That WAS very interesting. I remembered things about the place I forgot I remembered! He's right about this being a great case study. Wow.
Well it is nice to know that the old façades are still intact and the mini golf course is still there.
The mini golf course is still there???? No way, are u serious
(02-14-2010, 06:13 PM)LagoonGoon Wrote: Well it is nice to know that the old façades are still intact and the mini golf course is still there.
I thought he said the Mini Golf was gone. Wink
I was really surprised with this–I mean, how do they go from saying “Hey, letâ€s be a college” to “Hey, letâ€s be a place with a lot of restaurants, mini-golf, and a bowling alley".

From what I under stand the Pet Center only took up the main area of the building and a few small rooms on the southwest side as well as a small outdoor yard, leaving the rest vacant. (according to my neighbors who took their two dogs to the Pet center once) So mini golf and bowling could still very well be intact, hidden behind new walls (Why remove it if it is neutral to the new development, it could add value to the building.)

I just wish the pet center never happened, The hole idea of the Salt Lake Pavillion sounded great, but I guess that it didn't turn out. Someone wanted to destroy the building by letting a bunch of animals in to crap all over the place.
(02-15-2010, 09:59 AM)LagoonGoon Wrote: I was really surprised with this–I mean, how do they go from saying “Hey, letâ€s be a college” to “Hey, letâ€s be a place with a lot of restaurants, mini-golf, and a bowling alley".

From what I under stand the Pet Center only took up the main area of the building and a few small rooms on the southwest side as well as a small outdoor yard, leaving the rest vacant. (according to my neighbors who took their two dogs to the Pet center once) So mini golf and bowling could still very well be intact, hidden behind new walls (Why remove it if it is neutral to the new development, it could add value to the building.)

I just wish the pet center never happened, The hole idea of the Salt Lake Pavillion sounded great, but I guess that it didn't turn out. Someone wanted to destroy the building by letting a bunch of animals in to crap all over the place.
The Bowling Alley was on the South Side of the Building and Blackbeard's Mini Golf and the Roller Rink was on the North Side. Wink
The Bowling Alley was on the South Side of the Building and Blackbeard's Mini Golf and the Roller Rink was on the North Side. Wink
[/quote]

The Pet center was only in the middle of building thus mini golf and bowling could still be there, as they still were there when the SLP was there.
(02-16-2010, 02:07 PM)LagoonGoon Wrote:
(02-15-2010, 04:46 PM)linearinduction Wrote:

The Pet center was only in the middle of building thus mini golf and bowling could still be there, as they still were there when the SLP was there.
[/quote]Word was that they sold all the Mechacnics: Pin Setters, Ball Returns, etc. and ripped out the Bowling Alley. I remember seeing the lanes ripped out and in the parking lot with the alley entrance doors open several years ago. Wink
(02-17-2010, 03:15 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(02-16-2010, 02:07 PM)LagoonGoon Wrote:
(02-15-2010, 04:46 PM)linearinduction Wrote:

Word was that they sold all the Mechacnics: Pin Setters, Ball Returns, etc. and ripped out the Bowling Alley. I remember seeing the lanes ripped out and in the parking lot with the alley entrance doors open several years ago. Wink
[/quote]

sad Chagrin