The Great "Six Flags Rumor" Mega Thread
So the only viable solution to everyones problems is to get new management for Lagoon and since CF knows a thing or 2 more than most about running an amusment park they should take over and you can disagree with it but thats the best choice in my opinion so disagree all you want but this discussion has run its self into the ground!
Did someone earlier really write that DCA has gained a "footing?" :lol: DCA hasn't even gotten close to hitting capacity and has yet to meet ANY of it's original estimates! And the thing about Lagoon Management Caring about the Park? Are you kidding? Lagoon treats their employees like expendible collateral and it shows, just look at the turn over rate! Most of management couldn't give a rats you know what about the park, and that shows too! You can claim Lagoon is big on safety till you are blue in the face, but there is SO much more that can be done that isn't done because they don't care! Plain and Simple Folks! Also, Kent Buesher (Wild Adventures, Vadolsta, GA & Cypress Gardens Adventure Park, Winter Haven, FL) could SCHOOL the freeds in how to turn a declining business around! I would love to see what Kent and Adventure Parks Group, LLC would do with Lagoon.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I have to agree with the previous post... I worked at Lagoon several years ago and thought that the management team did a fantastic job of taking care of their employees.
"Guest" and Voovegas, you guys are entitled to your own opinions, it's your god given right, just like I'm entitled to mine. How long have/did you guys work for lagoon? You guys should ask some employees who have quit and see what they say. Most will say that they didn't like how they were treated and I've seen that for myself. "Guest" I know exactly what you are talking about when you talk about training your kids. My best advice to you is to be totally open and honest with them and remember to listen to them. Also go above and beyond by passing on all information you can about the rides to them. When your employees know as much as you about the ride, it helps things to run like a well oiled machine. "Guest" as to your following statement, "I really take offense to the last post- its not the freeds who take care of the employees or their- its the managers and supervisors-." That is not entirely true. It IS the Freeds who should be 100% hands on with the employees and more can be done by the managers and most of the area leads. After working for Cedar Point and having many conversations with Dick Kinzel and other Park Ops managers, I saw first hand what effect Executive Management has on their employees. I can't tell you how many times I saw Dick on the park picking up trash on the midway, instead of making radio calls to "delegate" it to someone lower, just wait till you get one of those calls "Guest." :wink: Voovegas, many years ago there were many members of Lagoon management who truely and sincerely cared about the employees, unfortunately there are only 2 left from that period, and will, you are related to one :wink:

PS - I'm sorry to have come off so angry before but I'm just brutally honest and very direct and straight to the point.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
All very good points and your all right in it all. There are still some really god managers at Lagoon and they do an awesome job on things, I also do see how some employees see how the management can be bad. With the way the owner kind of at times orders others to do things that seem like stuff he could do himself very easily. I have also seen Dave be one of the nicest people also. I just think maybe he could be more like the manager of CP and pick up a piece of trash he sees instead of calling a super that might be busy with a ride at the time. Lagoon ahs some good managment and no disrespect to them, even tough I think they could maybe when doing things or review old ideas and say Maybe we can do this better? I see both sides of this agruement and both sides have very valid points.
Linear, you sound very disgrutal about lagoon, just a question what did you get fired for, because it sounds like you didn't leave on your own accord. True Dave doesn't come down all the time and direct his employees, but I bet he knows what is going on at all times on the park. Also I don't know of many companies that the owners or Pres tells there people how to do there jobs directly, that is why you hire a management staff. I also have to agree kids these days have had things handed to them, just an example, when I worked at Lagoon, I could barely afford a pager, that I paid for, not mommy and daddy. How many kids do you know now a days that mommy and daddy bought them a cell phone.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.

I agree with you SKid on the Mommy and Daddy handing them stuff when I would be roving my area there would be lot of kids that were like do I have to why do I can't I stand here, I don't like kids like that have no work ethic at all.
I agree on that 100%, i cant stand some of the kids that come to work at lagoon, there are a few operators is my area this year that dont do a darn thing because they dont think they need to. exactly as skwid said, mommy and daddy do everything for them, I think my generation is the last one to actually do things for ourselves. Just the thought of being almost the same age as these lazy kids sickens me. However, there are also a few kids that work harder than they really need to. I really admire that, it doesnt necissarily get them anywhewre for the time, but they get the job done, and I dont need to ask them to do it.

Also on the point of Lagoon's management. I really dont blame dave for being a delegator, its his own opt. in. I have absolutely no problems with the other managers though, some delegate more than they ought to, but heck its their responsibity to make sure the project gets done, and they have other things to worry about. I have seen some of the directors working hard, even when offered to have the work done for them, I really admire that.
Very true.
I haven't taken the time to read the 4 pages on this topic, so I'll probably be asking a repeat question. My brother knows someone that is either on Pleasant Groves City council or knows someone. He told me that Six Flags had indeed purchased land there.

Anyone know anything about this?