Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2020?
Did anyone else notice in the video that the corner between the arcade enterance and the castle façade there was a new tree and new tables? They also painted over the old soccer game thing, and I noticed a weird red box inside game time? Maybe they are working on Patio Gardens as well? I really have no idea at this point.

Also, back to the idea of the façade crumbling, the castle sort of hangs off the building, so wouldn't tearing it away take out a pretty big chunk of it?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(02-11-2019, 06:30 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Did anyone else notice in the video that the corner between the arcade enterance and the castle façade there was a new tree and new tables? They also painted over the old soccer game thing, and I noticed a weird red box inside game time? Maybe they are working on Patio Gardens as well? I really have no idea at this point.

Also, back to the idea of the façade crumbling, the castle sort of hangs off the building, so wouldn't tearing it away take out a pretty big chunk of it?

I'm trying to find the things you're seeing but I'm not sure what they are. There have been tables and trees where dime toss originally stood for a long time. The only box I'm seeing in game time is the yellow/black one I mentioned that closely resembles the back of a mini excavator, forklift, or other small construction vehicle. Is that what you're talking about? If not could you give a timstamp as to where in the video you're seeing this?

I'd guess if they did remove the facade they'd do it carefully, but there would probably be at least some damage to be dealt with. I really, really hope they don't have to do that. I've heard that either repairs or a replacement needs to happen. I think everybody is reading a bit too much into the 'repaint' that happened out of nowhere in the middle of the season. It wasn't a well planned out long-term thing. They just noticed that the facade had become solid grey with no highlights (I wonder what made them think about that?) and grabbed a can of black spray paint and gave it some highlights. It looks a bit better. It might have been more of an experiment than a long-term plan.
Banana
(02-11-2019, 09:35 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm trying to find the things you're seeing but I'm not sure what they are. There have been tables and trees where dime toss originally stood for a long time. The only box I'm seeing in game time is the yellow/black one I mentioned that closely resembles the back of a mini excavator, forklift, or other small construction vehicle. Is that what you're talking about? If not could you give a timstamp as to where in the video you're seeing this?

I'd guess if they did remove the facade they'd do it carefully, but there would probably be at least some damage to be dealt with. I really, really hope they don't have to do that. I've heard that either repairs or a replacement needs to happen. I think everybody is reading a bit too much into the 'repaint' that happened out of nowhere in the middle of the season. It wasn't a well planned out long-term thing. They just noticed that the facade had become solid grey with no highlights (I wonder what made them think about that?) and grabbed a can of black spray paint and gave it some highlights. It looks a bit better. It might have been more of an experiment than a long-term plan.

Yeah, I remember the tables, but I swear something in that area is new. Maybe the tree in the corner? I  saw the building where that soccer game used to be painted gray, which probably means something, as they also painted the wall behind the old pond gray as well.  

Does anyone know some sort of layout of what is in the Patio Gardens building besides the obvious? I know some of it is used for storage, but it is such an intresting building, and there is lots of room. Does it have a 2nd floor? weird hallways? Or is just a normal building. Either way, I have wondered what it is like from a behind the scenes point of view.
(02-11-2019, 06:30 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Did anyone else notice in the video that the corner between the arcade enterance and the castle façade there was a new tree and new tables? They also painted over the old soccer game thing, and I noticed a weird red box inside game time? Maybe they are working on Patio Gardens as well? I really have no idea at this point.

There are no new trees or tables in that area.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Look hopefully this week I will be able to get some better video and if they weather is good on Wed I should be able to edit it properly.
Last time I was using more then one computer... I started on my laptop, but then switched to my desktop, but I was using my NAS vs my super fast drives on my desktop...
So I am hoping to do a better job with the Video this next week
(02-16-2019, 11:34 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There are no new trees or tables in that area.

I know that now, I just stated that on a previous comment. Maybe I didn't pay any attention last year, but in the corner by the tables, that tree seems to have replaced the small, squared fenced off area. Maybe not. What about the area by the soccer game? It is painted over gray, and it looks like something is happening to that old pond next to it?
(02-18-2019, 12:46 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I know that now, I just stated that on a previous comment. Maybe I didn't pay any attention last year, but in the corner by the tables, that tree seems to have replaced the small, squared fenced off area. Maybe not. What about the area by the soccer game? It is painted over gray, and it looks like something is happening to that old pond next to it?
Looks exactly the same as last year.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Okay if you check out my pictures... you can see that they have laid new cement... it looks like they changed the steps and and working on a ADA ramp (possibly) and on the other side it looks like they dirt going all the way down in front of the arcade.

I also noticed a ton of dirt piled up in front of the castle and orange tarps at the entrance of the castle and it looks like they took out the railings at the entrance too!

Someone look and see if I missed anything
(02-20-2019, 03:53 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Okay if you check out my pictures... you can see that they have laid new cement... it looks like they changed the steps and and working on a ADA ramp (possibly) and on the other side it looks like they dirt going all the way down in front of the arcade.

I also noticed a ton of dirt piled up in front of the castle and orange tarps at the entrance of the castle and it looks like they took out the railings at the entrance too!

Someone look and see if I missed anything

Thanks DeLorean, and thanks for this pic!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=877]

It does look like work is going on even in the loading area for the ride. And uh, is that just strange lighting? The Eastern Turret and wall sure look a lot more pink than the rest of the facade. You can't see it in this picture but it looks like the midway surface is being replaced not just here but also in front of Game Time/Seance and stretching all the way up to Jet Star2.

Banana
Drac's getting a pink repaint! Wink

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk