Lagoon Is Fun
Enterprise? - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (https://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (https://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Rides (https://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Enterprise? (/showthread.php?tid=5961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Enterprise? - DeLorean - 12-25-2018

When did we get a ride called enterprise? 

RE: Enterprise? - Spy Hunter - 12-25-2018

I'm pretty sure that would be Centennial Screamer it is a Huss Enterprise, it is now located next to cannibal.

RE: Enterprise? - DeLorean - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 12:22 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I'm pretty sure that would be Centennial Screamer it is a Huss Enterprise, it is now located next to cannibal.

It made me laugh, but I didn't know it was a Huss Enterprise, I've just always known it as Centennial Screamer, which is still one of my favorite rides at the park still.
Good review of Cannibal though!

RE: Enterprise? - Lagoon Lover - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 12:59 PM)DeLorean Wrote: It made me laugh, but I didn't know it was a Huss Enterprise, I've just always known it as Centennial Screamer, which is still one of my favorite rides at the park still.
Good review of Cannibal though!

Not to turn this into a Park Bro's rant, but his how to fix lagoon video was pretty inaccurate. The animals are totally taken care of, and his hand stamps issue has barley worth mentioning. Just because you have a bad day at the park does not mean it is not very good. 

Also, I didn't know there were other types of enterprise rides, they all seem the same to me. (Sue me.)

RE: Enterprise? - DeLorean - 12-25-2018

I don't remember there being any mention of animals or hand stamps in this video.
We also found that after like the middle of Aug that the park got REALLY REALLY busy... So yea... he picked a wrong time to come if he wanted a really good day riding Cannibal.
On a side note. My two youngest kids are really excited to ride Cannibal this next year. My middle child rode it once last year on one of the few last days that Lagoon was open (Just barley got to the height needed to ride.
My youngest child I am hoping will have enough height (he was like 1/2 an inch too short last year)

RE: Enterprise? - UtahCoasterEnth - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 07:30 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Not to turn this into a Park Bro's rant, but his how to fix lagoon video was pretty inaccurate. The animals are totally taken care of, and his hand stamps issue has barley worth mentioning. Just because you have a bad day at the park does not mean it is not very good. 

Also, I didn't know there were other types of enterprise rides, they all seem the same to me. (Sue me.)

He did choose a bad day to go for a first visit. He also made the mistake of taking Coaster Studios along lol. Most of his "fixing" points were off but he made a good point of the issue of inadequet queues which is something I think we can all agree Lagoon needs to improve going forward.

RE: Enterprise? - jetstar2 - 12-25-2018

Everybody has different opinions. I for one don't care at all about the queue sizes, and honestly think short queues are actually helpful in keeping the lines short. I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass (I'm using the standard English version of 'general public' here, not the insider/outsider corruption of the term that some people use). I would prefer that they find a new home for most of the animals, especially the big cats.

As for 'fixing' Lagoon, back when there were 4 roller coasters including Puff I strongly felt the park needed fixing in the form of new coasters. That's taken care of. I have recently thought that Lagoon needed a lot of improvement on the creative side, but things do seem to be improving there too. The food options seem to be getting better as well. If they just started working on their truly abysmal public relations I'd see them as really working to be great on all fronts.

RE: Enterprise? - DeLorean - 12-26-2018

(12-25-2018, 11:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Everybody has different opinions. I for one don't care at all about the queue sizes, and honestly think short queues are actually helpful in keeping the lines short. I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass (I'm using the standard English version of 'general public' here, not the insider/outsider corruption of the term that some people use). I would prefer that they find a new home for most of the animals, especially the big cats.

As for 'fixing' Lagoon, back when there were 4 roller coasters including Puff I strongly felt the park needed fixing in the form of new coasters. That's taken care of. I have recently thought that Lagoon needed a lot of improvement on the creative side, but things do seem to be improving there too. The food options seem to be getting better as well. If they just started working on their truly abysmal public relations I'd see them as really working to be great on all fronts.

I would really love to work for them doing public relations, but I doubt that I would get paid enough vs my current job.
It would be nice if they saw my drone videos and they paid me for travel and maybe some park peaks to do more and document it better (which I am going to do anyway though)

I think that Lagoon could do a lot that wouldn't cost them any money, but would be a great spin towards that park... Maybe a guided documentary tour with a group of enthusiast such as on this site... talk about the new upcoming ride... give the GP the ability to see what positives Lagoon is working on.

RE: Enterprise? - UtahCoasterEnth - 12-26-2018

(12-25-2018, 11:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Everybody has different opinions. I for one don't care at all about the queue sizes, and honestly think short queues are actually helpful in keeping the lines short. I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass (I'm using the standard English version of 'general public' here, not the insider/outsider corruption of the term that some people use). I would prefer that they find a new home for most of the animals, especially the big cats.

Yeah we all have different opinions. I do agree with the public relations. But I believe that the queue lines need to be addressed. Lagoons crowds are only going grow and the short queue lines are something Lagoon used to be able to get away with but not now.

RE: Enterprise? - Willenator - 12-26-2018

(12-25-2018, 11:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass.

Agreed! I've felt it was time for Lagoon to get rid of the handstamp for a while now.