Lagoon Is Fun
KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (https://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (https://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lagoon Discussion (https://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon (/showthread.php?tid=2369)

KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - LagoonDay - 12-11-2009

We were searching lagoon on youtube and found these old videos from ksl back in the 80s for lagoons 100th Since lagoonday will not have a forum we posted them here

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - skid_68 - 12-11-2009

Very cool, thanks.

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - ThatWyomingDude - 12-11-2009

That camera guy got some good shots.
Was that a ranger that I saw? Whirlwind?

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - skwid - 12-11-2009

Ok, first let me say how old I feel now, I actually worked for LeAnn Baxter and knew Todd from the first video, not to mention that I remember those corny commercials. I also wondered how I could adjust the tracking on my computer to fix the tape (see back in the eighties we didn't have digital media, we had to use large video tapes to record our favorite shows

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - Brăden - 12-11-2009

If it makes you feel any less old, skwid, these are Lagoon's glory days in my mind because that's when I first started going to the park. I could only ride half of the rides at my height, but I still remember that atmosphere.

1st video, 5:20 - "Rides and shows and...and Kate Summers." Haha!

I've seen this before. I think the same person who put them on YouTube is the same person who sent me the first part of this way back in the days of slow internet connections and zero YouTube. I'm glad they've shared the rest of this program - even with the clips from other shows, it's such a trip back in time. I mean - Double Dare!

And as for the missing carp, I suspect foul play.

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - Willenator - 12-11-2009

Those are some neat videos. I don't remember much of the park back then. It's nice to see some older stuff like that and think back to what it was like.

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - linearinduction - 12-12-2009

Mr. Wrote: Those are some neat videos. I don't remember much of the park back then. It's nice to see some older stuff like that and think back to what it was like.
Will, I still remember the Green Train's Whistle.....and wow is it great to hear it again after all these years! Smile Also, I stumbled onto these videos on like Monday or Tuesday....I guess I waited too long to share them. Laugh

FS, yes, those are the Glory Days I remember Vividly! The Green Train, the Old White and Red Trains on Roller Coaster with the Buzz Bars, Tri Star, Flying Carpet in all it's Glory. To me, the park looked better back then; cleaner, brighter.

Skwid, it's ok, we already know you are OLD! Tongue

That Wrote: That camera guy got some good shots.
Was that a ranger that I saw? Whirlwind?
Yes, you saw Whirlwind, the Huss Ranger. It seems as if Kennywood and Lagoon may have both participated in some sort of "Ride Rotation" Program. A Huss Ranger operated for One Season (1983 at Kennywood) and a Huss Swing Around Operated for One Season (1984 at Kennywood and 1985 at Lagoon). However, the Huss Swing Around returned to Kennywood in 1989 and was Finally Removed in 1995. Could the Huss Tri-Star from Lagoon be the same one that is currently Operating at Idlewild? Could Lagoon's Whirlwind and Cyclone be the Huss Ranger and Huss Swing Around that were at Kennywood? We may never know.

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - Willenator - 12-12-2009

Oh I forgot about the Tri Star. I remember that being one of my favorite rides as a kid.

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - LagoonGoon - 12-12-2009

This was long before my time but I love all the old footage of the park. Love the close up shots of Fire Dragon back in its glory days Happy (now its just all about wicked it seems that Fire Dragon is being forgotten

Re: KSL prime time acsess at lagoon - xPaula - 01-09-2010

that is quite nifty