Thread Closed 
Project 2015 - "Cannibal" Speculation Thread
RCF Offline
Lagoonatic

Project 2015 - "Cannibal" Speculation Thread
Moderator Note: This Thread has been split from the Top Eliminator Thread and is for ALL Discussion of Speculation in regards to Lagoon's Rumored "Mega Coaster."

(04-04-2012 07:30 PM)linearinduction Wrote:  The Following Information has been Confirmed to us by LagoonisFun Sources:

Name: Cannibal
Manufacturer: Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA
Type: Steel Roller Coaster with Vertical Elevator Lift
Concept and Design: Dal Freeman (Vice President of Engineering) and Dustin Allen (Engineer) of Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA
Engineering: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany
General Contractor: Lagoon Corporation Maintenance and Construction, Farmington, Utah, USA
Colors: Red Track with Tan Columns
Trains: 5 to 6
Inversions: 3 (Immelmann Loop, Dive Loop, Unknown Inversion)
Height: 208 Feet
Drop: 200 +/- Feet
Speed: 60+ MPH
Length: 2,000 + Feet
Cost: 10+ Million Dollars
Opening Date: Spring 2015

Trains:
5-6 Trains
3 Rows of 4 Persons. 12 Persons Per Train.
Overhead Lapbar Restraints

Notes:
Will Feature an Enclosed Dual Elevator Lift.
Inversions will Include an Immelman Loop, Dive Loop, and a Third Unknown Inversion, Rumored to be a Barrel Roll.
First Major Steel Roller Coaster to be Entirely Designed and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company.
Lagoon received a Height Variance for 208 Feet in 2012 for this project.

Other Details:
Track and Column/Upright Fabricator: Intermountain Lift, Inc.
Train Fabricator: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany
Elevator Fabricator: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberride, Germany (Lift Platforms and Machinery) and Intermountain Lift, Inc., Springville, Utah (Elevator Track)
PLC Safety System: Actemium Controlmatic GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany

Unconfirmed Details:
This Coaster MAY feature a Beyond Vertical Drop.

Updated: 05/22/14
Updated: 08/17/14
By: linearinduction
For me, the only manufacture I can think of to make a coaster that is around 200 ft. high and feature inversions would be Intamin.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 12:48 AM by linearinduction.)
04-04-2012 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user
Coasters Away
Coaster Connoisseur

RE: Top Eliminator
Intamin are not the only ones. Arrow did it long before they did and Dal was there on Arrow's team. Yes they are not around anymore. In today's market I think any of the design companies could realistically do it, I'd love to see S&S do it.

75 coasters and counting!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 12:58 AM by Coasters.)
04-04-2012 02:52 PM
ThatWyomingDude Offline
Lagoonatic

(04-04-2012 02:00 PM)RCF Wrote:  For me, the only manufacture I can think of to make a coaster that is around 200 ft. high and feature inversions would be Intamin.

B&M?

Besides, Lagoon has no space for a 200' coaster. Remember it's not just height for the lift, think of all of the kinetic energy the ride would have to spill of from 200'.

Also fun fact, if Lagoon got a 200' coaster, it would be only the 49th one in the world. (Source)

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 02:53 PM by ThatWyomingDude.)
04-04-2012 02:52 PM
Macintosh Offline
Lagoonatic

I see lagoons plans! Make a new coaster, use the arch heading into to the old double thunder/Top E gift shop for a huge sign. Have a coaster that lets out in a gift shop! Genius!
04-04-2012 03:07 PM
gregwibert Offline
Token Straight Guy

Do you think the new coaster will be called Top Eliminator so they don't have to change the sign (which isn't a bad name for a coaster!?) Notserious
04-04-2012 05:16 PM
jazzman96 Offline
Previously jazzman96

I would like to see a S & S El Loco or Air Launched Coaster. I think a Air Launced coaster could work well the theme of Racing. El loco just looks really fun, dont know how it could go with the theme of racing maybe, Dal could think of something.
If they were to go with B & M they should get a Floorless or stand-up coaster, a dive would be cool to. The only bad thing about B & M is that they all seat 4 across, Lagoon doesnt get enough people to fit that many people on in one cycle, let alone multiple cycles.
If they want to stay local maybe they could go with Vekoma and get a Flying Dutchman or LSM Launch. but, I see them going with S & S for this one.
04-04-2012 05:49 PM
Reserve ID Offline
Lagoonatic

(04-04-2012 05:49 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote:  I would like to see a S & S El Loco or Air Launched Coaster. I think a Air Launced coaster could work well the theme of Racing. El loco just looks really fun, dont know how it could go with the theme of racing maybe, Dal could think of something.
If they were to go with B & M they should get a Floorless or stand-up coaster, a dive would be cool to. The only bad thing about B & M is that they all seat 4 across, Lagoon doesnt get enough people to fit that many people on in one cycle, let alone multiple cycles.
If they want to stay local maybe they could go with Vekoma and get a Flying Dutchman or LSM Launch. but, I see them going with S & S for this one.

I thought Lagoon was pretty much done with S&S after the Rocket/Re-entry fiasco... I do agree that a compact air or LIM would be neat. The reality is that Lagoon may not be ready for another coaster yet though, but wishful thinking is good.
04-04-2012 06:09 PM
linearinduction Offline
LIF Park Relations Rep

RE: Lagoon 2013/2014 "Mega Coaster" Speculation Thread
Before this gets out of hand, I'm going to nip this whole thing in the bud. Here's what we've heard so far:

This Ride Will be Designed by Dal Freeman.

The Components Will be Contracted Out, probably to Intermountain Lift, Inc., in Springville, just like BomBora.

The Ride Will be OVER 200ft Tall, we've heard 220ft mentioned several times.

The Ride Will use a Traditional Lift Hill.

The Ride Will have Inversions.

The Ride Will be Located on the North End of the Park.

The Trains Will have Lap Bars.

The Trains May have 4 Across Seating.

It Will be Lagoon's Tallest, Fastest, and Most Expensive Ride to Date.

In other words, No Intamin, No B&M, No Vekoma, No Premier Rides, No S&S, etc.

(04-04-2012 06:09 PM)Reserve ID Wrote:  I thought Lagoon was pretty much done with S&S after the Rocket/Re-entry fiasco...
S&S has New Owners

Coaster Credits: 68
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Maverick, Cedar Point
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
04-04-2012 07:30 PM
Kyle Offline
Global User and Unmoderator

^ That all makes me extremely excited.

That being said, I think a Maurer Sohne X-Car (extended Skyloop?) matches the description.

EDIT: DO NOT TAKE THIS AS FACT. It's simply a vague speculation, however, given some other details, it's NOT a Maurer Sohne, but as Sid pointed out, a contracted coaster, by most likely Intermountain Lift, Inc.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 11:09 AM by Kyle.)
04-04-2012 08:10 PM
ThatWyomingDude Offline
Lagoonatic

(04-04-2012 07:30 PM)linearinduction Wrote:  In other words, No Intamin, No B&M, No Vekoma, No Premier Rides, No S&S, etc.

I'm missing the connection to this conclusion. Could you elaborate on how you deduced this please? Smile

04-04-2012 08:11 PM
Thread Closed