Lagoon Discounts
Luckyme0416 Offline

Lagoon Discounts
Admin Note: Use this discussion thread to learn about ways to save on all-day passes when visiting Lagoon and to share discounts you find with other forum members.

Original Post:

So I was wondering where in the world you get discount tickets.. I know you can get a little off from the back of coke cans, but those are only for like 5 dollars off. Also on their website it says to enter a promotion code to get the discount.. how does one go about getting a promotional code? I am just asking because to take my family this year it's going to cost over 200.00 just for admissions alone.. expensive stuff. Thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011 05:11 PM by Willenator.)
04-05-2011 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
linearinduction Offline
LIF Park Relations Rep

RE: Discount Tickets
(04-05-2011 11:27 AM)Luckyme0416 Wrote:  So I was wondering where in the world you get discount tickets.. I know you can get a little off from the back of coke cans, but those are only for like 5 dollars off. Also on their website it says to enter a promotion code to get the discount.. how does one go about getting a promotional code? I am just asking because to take my family this year it's going to cost over 200.00 just for admissions alone.. expensive stuff. Thanks for the help.
Welcome to LagoonisFun Luckyme0416!

The First Thing I would Suggest is Joining Lagoon's Fun Time Club by Clicking HERE. It is an e-mail list with all sorts of Discounts All Summer Long!

Second, Look For Discount Tickets, as many Banks, Credit Unions, Stores, Companies, etc. have Discount Passes. Costco Sells Lagoon Admission Tickets for either $36.95 or $38.95, I can't remember at the moment, and those are on Sale All Summer. I know Deseret Book also sold Discount Passes last year.

Third, Remember Bouceback, where after you Validate your Ticket, you can return within 2 Weeks for about $8! Even at the Regular Gate Price, you can get 2 Full Days at Lagoon for a little more than $50! I know you can use the Early Bird Special along with Bounceback, but I'm not sure about some of the Discount Tickets, so be sure to read the Fine Print.

Fourth, if you want to deal with HUGE Crowds in August, you can also do the 2 News Viewer Appreciation Days where you get 2 for 1 Lagoon Tickets.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to Pay Full Gate Price at Lagoon if you look around a little. Smile

Coaster Credits: 68
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Maverick, Cedar Point
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
04-05-2011 12:18 PM
Lovebug Offline

(04-05-2011 11:27 AM)Luckyme0416 Wrote:  So I was wondering where in the world you get discount tickets.. I know you can get a little off from the back of coke cans, but those are only for like 5 dollars off. Also on their website it says to enter a promotion code to get the discount.. how does one go about getting a promotional code? I am just asking because to take my family this year it's going to cost over 200.00 just for admissions alone.. expensive stuff. Thanks for the help.

Another idea, I don't know if you go to church at all and I don't know
how many church's do this but I know my LDS stake has a stake lagoonn day where we get discount tickets. You can ask LDS friends, co workers, or neighbors for tickets. The stake will have plenty for everyone

Saaayyy Whaaattt, fool?
04-06-2011 06:39 PM
LIF Chef Offline
Potluck Chef

The other thing is that if Lagoon costs you 200 for one day you can buy a full year for about 450. Suck it up and you will be the best parent EVER.

Blog about a large family. www.themonroemany.wordpress.com
04-09-2011 11:46 PM
xPaula Offline
Guest Services 2012!

(04-05-2011 12:18 PM)linearinduction Wrote:  There is absolutely no reason for anyone to Pay Full Gate Price at Lagoon if you look around a little. Smile

More than likely there will always be a discount available!
It's rediculous to pay full price at Lagoon. Coke can discounts work every day except for Saturdays, but more than likely you can find some kind of discount for Saturday.
Campground visitors get 2 days worth of fun for only $50. There's lots of discounts just ask/look around.
I work in Ticketing, they tell us these things. Smile

Fer sure bomb.
05-20-2011 02:13 PM
Willenator Offline
Source, download the abstract

^ Is Lagoon doing the Coke can discounts this year? I haven't seen any yet.
06-21-2011 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willenator Offline
Source, download the abstract

RE: Lagoon Discounts
I'm going to convert this thread into a discounts thread where we can share discounts we discover for an all-day pass to Lagoon. I've noticed we get questions about Lagoon discounts every year, so this will make it easier for people to locate discounts they may be able to use.

I came across two ways to save recently. First, Lagoon has a discount ticket on the back of the parking receipts. I believe Lagoon has been doing this for awhile now, but I could be wrong. I recently went to Lagoon and noticed the coupon on the back would save someone $5 per all-day pass for up to 6 people if used Sunday - Friday. If you know someone who went to Lagoon, ask if you can use the coupon to save.

The second discount I found was at a Chevron gas station. They had 32 ounce Bombora cups that also contain a coupon on them, which means you must bring the cup to Lagoon to redeem it. I am not sure if every Chevron has this discount, but the one I found it at is on 12th street in Ogden. The coupon is the same as the parking receipt coupon. You can save $5 per person for up to 6 people and you get a free 32 ounce Lagoon sports bottle. You must redeem the coupon before noon to take advantage of it, and it is not valid on Saturdays.

Speaking of Saturdays, has anyone else noticed that most of the discounts available are invalid on Saturdays? I realize this is because of the size of the crowds on Saturdays, but I find that most people who want a discount go on a Saturday, which makes it difficult to find a discount. My suggestion to anyone looking to save on an all-day pass to Lagoon is to go on a day other than Saturday because there are plenty of discounts available the rest of the week.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011 05:21 PM by Willenator.)
06-24-2011 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brădēn Offline
Historiographer

I usually get discount tickets from the hospital where my sister works. I don't remember the exact amount but it's usually about $10-$13 off or something like that. The nice thing is they are good any day. I'm guessing a lot of bigger companies have these for their employees. And that's in Idaho, so I'm sure there are plenty of places in Utah if people ask around.
06-24-2011 09:36 PM
LIF Chef Offline
Potluck Chef

I seen a cup at the Kwik Stop in Malad that was a BomBora cup with a $5 discount and a free 32oz soda. I wonder if there are other convenience stores that have this cup?

Blog about a large family. www.themonroemany.wordpress.com
06-25-2011 03:25 PM
idcoasterfreak Offline
Lagoonatic

we have those cups all over at gas stations here in pocatello
06-25-2011 04:14 PM