2 deaths at Lagoon in 1989.
jereamz Offline

RE: 2 deaths at Lagoon in 1989.
Sorry, but the ride was over and the lapbar, was up. The operator ran the ride to far up the track in the front. My parents were right there and i was on the ride with him. People should get their facts straight before they open their mouths.
03-30-2013 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jazzman96 Offline
Previously jazzman96

(03-30-2013 03:31 PM)jereamz Wrote:  Sorry, but the ride was over and the lapbar, was up. The operator ran the ride to far up the track in the front. My parents were right there and i was on the ride with him. People should get their facts straight before they open their mouths.

They do have their facts straight. I garuntee it. Because having worked puff myself I know that the lapbars are released manualy by the operator. What you are saying makes no sense.
03-30-2013 04:40 PM
Brad-n Offline
Historiographer

This is a little confusing. I had to read through the entire thread again before I realized half of jereamz first post was quoted from other posts in the thread. I know there have been changes to Puff since, but I'm not sure what they all were off the top of my head.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 05:12 PM by Brad-n.)
03-30-2013 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jazzman96 Offline
Previously jazzman96

(03-30-2013 04:50 PM)Brad-n Wrote:  Jazzman, there have been changes to the ride since then.

Im pretty sure the console is the same. Because if they were to change anything they would make it fully automatic. I believe it is still all manual. But, maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.
03-30-2013 05:14 PM
linearinduction Offline
LIF Park Relations Rep

(03-30-2013 03:25 PM)jereamz Wrote:  
skwid Wrote: I have said this before, and I will say it again: Both incidents were a tragedy and should not be taken lightly. The kid was not stupid, he was young and did not know better, he thought the ride was over and it wasn't, the operator did not see him stand up, and the train could not be stopped.
I know you don't like to discuss this Skwid, but I feel this must be said. When I was a Young Kid, Riding Puff, I knew that the Ride was over when the Lapbars were released, not when the train stopped. It was a Terrible Tragedy that I feel could have been prevented by proper parenting. Even after this accident, my parents never had any reservations about me going on any of the rides at Lagoon, cause it wasn't Lagoon, the Operator, or the Park Management's Fault. I can't imagine what it was like for you Skwid or the people you knew. I'm sure Six Flags Ride Operators can relate to your dealings with asshole parents; I'm sure they are sick of "This Ride Won't Cut My Feet Off Will It?" Sorry, but he did not escape. The ride was over and the lapbar was up. She ran the ride to far up the track in the front. I am his sister and I was on the ride with. I wish people would get the facts straight before they say anything.
You should be sorry, as Witnesses and Independent Investigations found that the Lap Bars WERE NOT released. Now, someone will have to verify this, but I believe you could NOT Release the Lap Bars if a Train were to overshoot, at the time of the incident.

(03-30-2013 04:40 PM)jazzman96 Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 03:31 PM)jereamz Wrote:  Sorry, but the ride was over and the lapbar, was up. The operator ran the ride to far up the track in the front. My parents were right there and i was on the ride with him. People should get their facts straight before they open their mouths.

They do have their facts straight. I guarantee it. Because having worked puff myself I know that the lapbars are released manually by the operator. What you are saying makes no sense.
Thank You!

(03-30-2013 05:14 PM)jazzman96 Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 04:50 PM)Brad-n Wrote:  Jazzman, there have been changes to the ride since then.

Im pretty sure the console is the same. Because if they were to change anything they would make it fully automatic. I believe it is still all manual. But, maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.
As far as I know, operation of the ride has been automated by a plc for a few years now. Smile

Coaster Credits: 68
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Maverick, Cedar Point
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 12:14 AM by linearinduction.)
03-31-2013 12:12 AM
jazzman96 Offline
Previously jazzman96

Yes when I operated te ride you could not release the lapbaars if the train overshot past a certain point. I also believe you are saying the boy that fell out was in the front seat... He was in the back seat.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 07:50 PM by jazzman96.)
03-31-2013 07:44 PM
gregwibert Offline
Token Straight Guy

(03-30-2013 03:25 PM)jereamz Wrote:  I know you don't like to discuss this Skwid, but I feel this must be said. When I was a Young Kid, Riding Puff, I knew that the Ride was over when the Lapbars were released, not when the train stopped. It was a Terrible Tragedy that I feel could have been prevented by proper parenting. Even after this accident, my parents never had any reservations about me going on any of the rides at Lagoon, cause it wasn't Lagoon, the Operator, or the Park Management's Fault. I can't imagine what it was like for you Skwid or the people you knew. I'm sure Six Flags Ride Operators can relate to your dealings with asshole parents; I'm sure they are sick of "This Ride Won't Cut My Feet Off Will It?"
Sorry, but he did not escape. The ride was over and the lapbar was up. She ran the ride to far up the track in the front. I am his sister and I was on the ride with. I wish people would get the facts straight before they say anything.

Do you realize the LAST post on this was 2009? Do you also realize WE ARE NOT affiliated with Lagoon Amusement Park. This is a FAN website.

I don't want to seem too harsh but re-opening this topic isn't going to get you anywhere with Lagoon Amusement Park. I am definitely sorry about your loss. Amusement parks are relatively safe, However, deaths can still happen. There is an inherit risk from the moment you walk through the front gate.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 08:37 PM by gregwibert.)
03-31-2013 08:37 PM