Lagoon Is Fun
lagoon questions from out of state visitor - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lagoon Discussion (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: lagoon questions from out of state visitor (/showthread.php?tid=5699)

Pages: 1 2

lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jay - 09-13-2017

Hi,  I am in the area until Saturday morning (9/16). I'm thinking about visiting the amusement park on Friday night.  I have a few questions I'm hoping will help my decision, I appreciate anyone's input.

1) I understand they are open 5-11pm. My primary interest is the coasters, I'll likely be there no earlier than 7pm. Is it worth the time I have available ?  is the park likely to be so crowded I'll get one ride in before it's time to leave? what can I expect in terms of crowds on a Friday evening in mid-September?

2) I hate things, people popping out at me. I hate clowns and ghoulish actors,  I hate spooky scary stuff.    I won't watch horror movies, I have zero interest in the haunted house and anything related to it. You get the idea..  from reading the website it sounds like employees roam around the park trying to scare and interact with guests . This alone is a huge reason I'm hesitating to invest time and money into visiting. I may never be back in this area again so I'm curious how bad / frequent this interaction is.  if an actor is approaching me will they go away if I nicely say "no thank you"?

3) are there any discounts?  5-11pm (or 7pm till whenever in my case) for 60 bucks is steep. I don't have a Costco membership. I'm here in salt lake city with my daughter (22 months) for medical treatment.  I'll be going alone if I do go.  don't have a ton of extra spending budget. 

Primarily just wanting to get opinions on whether this park is a good fit for me right now based on these things.

I appreciate any opinions and wisdom in advance.  I'll check back in later tonight.

Thanks

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - Brăden - 09-13-2017

1. It's opening night for Frightmares but there is rain in the forecast which usually deters a lot of people. I could see it going either way. But it will be cold so I bet a lot of people will leave early Friday night, giving you plenty of time to ride maybe even all the coasters from 7-11pm. If you prefer not to be out in the rain, it might not be a good night to go. Saturday should be drier, but will also be busier.

2. Last year they sold a glow stick you could hang around your neck to "ward off" any roaming performers. I imagine they'll have that again this year. If not, they most often hang around the haunted houses. And they should leave you alone if you tell them to.

3. They might post some discount codes on their Facebook page this week, even as late as Friday.

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jetstar2 - 09-13-2017

Lagoon's Frightmares page says they once again have the no-scare glowsticks for a dollar. http://www.lagoonpark.com/what-to-do/frightmares/

There's a lot more than one haunted house, and the lines for those are going to eat up a lot of the crowd. I'd guess the lines for the coasters won't be too bad. I would bet some will be walk-on and others will be under 20 minutes. After visiting some other parks with 100+ minute wait times for rides I really appreciate Lagoon more. Lagoon does close some of the lines 15-ish minutes before the park closes.

I think it's well worth it if you like coasters and don't expect to have another chance to visit. It's 3 times the cost of riding Manhattan Express and 50 times the enjoyment.

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - linearinduction - 09-13-2017

When I was in Vegas at the Beginning of July it was $25 per beating on Domestic Violence: The Ride. Lagoon is about a quatrillion times more enjoyable than The Domestic Violence Experience.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - UtahCoasterEnth - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 05:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: When I was in Vegas at the Beginning of July it was $25 per beating on Domestic Violence: The Ride. Lagoon is about a quatrillion times more enjoyable than The Domestic Violence Experience.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

how can you not be a togo fan?!! (Sarcasm)

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jetstar2 - 09-14-2017

(09-13-2017, 11:51 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: how can you not be a togo fan?!! (Sarcasm)

I rode a couple of Togos at NSL that were pretty fun. The Intamin woodie is the abusive one at that park.

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jay - 09-15-2017

I apologize that I didn't respond prior , I did read your responses and decided to go tonight.  I think it was worth the 60 bucks.  I was planning on talking the free shuttle via uta but they only ran until 7:30 so I coughed up for parking. 

My first impression is that a vast majority of the staff really couldn't care less about basic safety of guests and for themselves.  Most didn't seem to enjoy their jobs,  barely interacted with each other or guests.  I witnessed coasters being released before restraints were fully checked.  I saw staff jumping over rails to cross sides with moving coasters mere feet away.  they allowed one ride to exit the station with a small boy not fully secured.

Rides.. wow.. just wow.  I rode roller coaster about 4 times,  wicked 4 or 5 times, cannibal 4 times,  and colossus 3 times.   Bat left me wanting much more.  I walked around the whole park several times,  was only approached twice by a witch type of actor.  I told her '"no thanks" politely and held my hand out to indicate I wasn't interested.  she shrieked at me,  as she did everyone,  regardless.   oh well,  I can live with that. Most everything was walk on or a couple minute wait at most until about 730/8.  the longest I waited was about 20 minutes for my final ride on roller coaster - I wanted one ride up front so I was 5th in line.  then it got pushed back to 9th in line for a handicapped child (which I have zero issue with at all), she rode twice with a couple others. then they took one coaster off the track, something I've never seen in my life.  in the end, the wait was worth it.

After sundown I was dismayed by the lack of lighting.  I don't get the sense it was arbitrarily reduced for the Halloween event.  there is a stark absence of lighting fixtures.  even some rides were operating in the dark.  very odd for me.  I left earlier than I was hoping,  I can't see well in the dark and not knowing my way around... wasnt enjoyable anymore.

Slingshot was non operational, I was a bit bummed about that.  I ride that whenever I see one. 

Anyway,  thought I'd send my thoughts if anyone is curious.
I'll be on my way home tomorrow morning,  I'm glad I found this park and this forum. Take care!
Jay

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jetstar2 - 09-16-2017

(09-15-2017, 11:13 PM)jay Wrote: I apologize that I didn't respond prior , I did read your responses and decided to go tonight.  I think it was worth the 60 bucks.  I was planning on talking the free shuttle via uta but they only ran until 7:30 so I coughed up for parking. 

My first impression is that a vast majority of the staff really couldn't care less about basic safety of guests and for themselves.  Most didn't seem to enjoy their jobs,  barely interacted with each other or guests.  I witnessed coasters being released before restraints were fully checked.  I saw staff jumping over rails to cross sides with moving coasters mere feet away.  they allowed one ride to exit the station with a small boy not fully secured.

Rides.. wow.. just wow.  I rode roller coaster about 4 times,  wicked 4 or 5 times, cannibal 4 times,  and colossus 3 times.   Bat left me wanting much more.  I walked around the whole park several times,  was only approached twice by a witch type of actor.  I told her '"no thanks" politely and held my hand out to indicate I wasn't interested.  she shrieked at me,  as she did everyone,  regardless.   oh well,  I can live with that. Most everything was walk on or a couple minute wait at most until about 730/8.  the longest I waited was about 20 minutes for my final ride on roller coaster - I wanted one ride up front so I was 5th in line.  then it got pushed back to 9th in line for a handicapped child (which I have zero issue with at all), she rode twice with a couple others. then they took one coaster off the track, something I've never seen in my life.  in the end, the wait was worth it.

After sundown I was dismayed by the lack of lighting.  I don't get the sense it was arbitrarily reduced for the Halloween event.  there is a stark absence of lighting fixtures.  even some rides were operating in the dark.  very odd for me.  I left earlier than I was hoping,  I can't see well in the dark and not knowing my way around... wasnt enjoyable anymore.

Slingshot was non operational, I was a bit bummed about that.  I ride that whenever I see one. 

Anyway,  thought I'd send my thoughts if anyone is curious.
I'll be on my way home tomorrow morning,  I'm glad I found this park and this forum. Take care!
Jay

Glad you had a good enough time to feel it was worth it! I love Lagoon in the dark, but I know the park pretty well so I'm never disoriented there.

You may get an argumentative response from somebody who cannot stand anything negative at all being said about Lagoon. I'd suggest you don't take it personally, it's happened to all of us (note my tagline LOL).

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - jay - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 12:15 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Glad you had a good enough time to feel it was worth it! I love Lagoon in the dark, but I know the park pretty well so I'm never disoriented there.

You may get an argumentative response from somebody who cannot stand anything negative at all being said about Lagoon. I'd suggest you don't take it personally, it's happened to all of us (note my tagline LOL).

Cannibal and wicked were a blast in the dark. I forgot to mention I rode bombora too. It was kinda forgettable !
 I only posted my opinion and reality,  what I saw and felt.   if someone takes offense that reflects more upon the park than me.  all are welcome to their opinion. I don't argue with people on the Internet. Smile

RE: lagoon questions from out of state visitor - Brăden - 09-16-2017

That's awesome you went and had a good time. I've noticed if it's slow, the less-motivated employees get bored and you get to see how they really feel about working. I'm thinking mostly of the teenagers, which are a huge percentage of employees.